Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of more than two million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
The finance officer will work with the Mary’s Meals UK Finance Team in providing day-to-day financial accounting and ensuring accurate, timely and efficient delivery of services for Mary's Meals.
Key principles include:
• Supporting each directorate for all expenditure related matters as the first point of contact.
• Administering the purchase ledger, ensuring that all invoices and credit notes received have been checked and approved in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Preparing quarterly VAT returns for submission to HMRC and preparing the annual VAT partial exemption adjustment.
• Providing cash balance information to the finance manager for the monthly funds transfer to Mary's Meals International.
• Accurately record material aid transactions in liaison with the warehouse team.
• Maintaining the charity’s fixed asset register, including preparing depreciation, addition and disposal journals and supporting the operations directorate in the annual fixed asset verification.
• Analysing monthly expenditure against budget, investigating and documenting explanations for any significant variances.
• Assisting the finance manager in the preparation of the expenditure elements of the monthly management information.
Please see the recruitment pack on our website for further information;
Your covering letter should make a compelling case for why you feel motivated to apply for this role within Mary’s Meals UK, as well as giving a concise overview of your most relevant skills and experience.
Closing date: Monday, 6 December 2021