Role Reports To:Delivery Leader Glasgow and West
Direct Reports:Yes, Voice and Opportunities Engagement Managers X 3
Job Family: 4
The Project Manager will play a key role overseeing, delivering and developing our work locally and nationally with a
focus on Care Experienced Young People. This includes leading the delivery of our work with “The Promise
Partnership” nationally, and our Voice and Opportunity programmes in Borders, Dumfries & Galloway and
The post holder will report to the Delivery Leader for Glasgow and West who reports to the Director for
- Role model our values and demonstrate excellent leadership skills.
- Lead on the delivery of a collection
of projects and programmes in accordance with agreed outcomes.
- Maintain effective relationships with
funders, partners, and local organisations.
- Oversee coordination of monitoring and recording our
- Maintain the quality, effectiveness, and safety of our projects and programs.
collaboratively with colleagues to develop new business opportunities.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Efficiently project manage delivery to achieve the agreed milestones and targets.
- Liaise with key
stakeholders, local authorities, partners, and key personnel to support project delivery.
accurate records on all aspects of the project and collect and store data adhering to GDPR
- Work effectively with your Delivery Leader to ensure project expenditure is in-line with the
- Promote and adhere to Volunteering Matters commitment to Equality, Diversity, and
- Lead and encourage project staff providing ongoing support and development.
Volunteering Matters quality standards and guidelines for effective volunteer management.
- Comply with
the applicable Health and Safety and Safeguarding regulations.
- Implement and maintain appropriate risk
assessment management processes.
- Process volunteer expenses efficiently adhering to Volunteering Matters
- Maintain effective monitoring and evaluation records to capture impact and outcomes
and ensure contractual compliance.
- Prepare regular reports including monthly progress updates, impact
reports and end of year reports for both internal and external purposes.
- Maintain effective
relationships with stakeholders and project partners at a day-to day level.
- Work effectively with key
partners, attend partnership meetings, and work collaboratively.
- Develop relevant information to promote
and raise the profile of Volunteering Matters locally; and play an active role in identifying and developing new
- An effective communicator with the ability to establish long-lasting, productive relationships.
interpersonal skills including an ability to enthuse and influence others.
- Ability to work in a
self-managed team construct.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Project management skills
- Team Player
- Practice of effective project management and the ability to meet set targets and deadlines.
- Ability to
set and achieve high standards for self and others and to manage work performance effectively.
and understanding of effective monitoring and evaluation processes to capture impact and
- Direct experience of volunteer management inclusive of recruitment, training, and
- Direct experience of planning and delivering training.
- Evidence of good
administrative and IT skills and the ability to maintain project monitoring, administrative and financial
- knowledge and understanding of issues affecting people from diverse groups, backgrounds, and
- Ability to assess risk and conduct out risk assessments.
- Practice of measuring and
Relevant experience and values alignment is more important for this role than specific qualifications
Home based however regular travel to Clackmannanshire, Scottish Borders and Dumfries and Galloway is required
Our Values & Way of Working:
In all that we do, we embrace a philosophy of ‘Freedom within a Framework’ and are guided by our values: Empowering,
Inclusive, Compassionate, Positive & Straightforward.
This job description is intended to include the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. The
scope of our work may evolve, and appropriate adjustments will be reviewed and agreed with the post holder.
Closing date: Monday 18th October at 12pm
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com