OVERALL AIM OF THE ORGANISATION
We deliver community befriending and supported accommodation to Edinburgh’s most marginalised homeless or isolated
people with alcohol issues.
OVERALL PURPOSES OF JOB
We are looking for a confident individual with a good basic knowledge of every day digital devices and feels
confident that they can use this to support people to take the next step in digital learning.
- Service users - Mainly in their own homes supporting people to get online, use a phone, use mobile wifi and any
other digital learning they might be interested in, their close contacts and our volunteers.
- Supporting and advising volunteers how to take on roles using their digital skills. How to use mobile wifi,
how to zoom with a client to support them to attend meetings or groups.
- Staff - Communicate with staff
team on the progress of your work. Reflect and report on the challenges and successes to refocus.
- To deliver basic digital skills training sessions increase their digital skills to support the smooth running of the project to staff and volunteers via zoom
- To meet with service users one to one in their own homes and support them to learn to use a new device
- To keep records of their activities, sessions and design basic, short, power point or other creative presentations to deliver to staff (5 members) volunteers (groups of around 20) service users usually always just one to one.
- To develop and sustain links with individuals, groups, agencies and be involved with the publicity and promotion of the project.
- To work in a sensitive, flexible and non-judgmental way and be able and willing to receive and deliver feedback within an equal opportunities’ framework.
Closing Date: 15th October 2021
Interviews will be held: 25th October 2021
An application pack is available for download below.
If you are interested in the post and would like to apply, please complete the application form and email it as a
word document to Kirsten Shuttleworth on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, CVs will not be accepted.
If you have any questions regarding the post, please contact Tracey on 07715082427 or phone us on 0131 229 7554.
The successful candidate will be subject to a PVG and reference check.