Since 1981, Alzheimer Scotland has been campaigning for the rights and promoting the physical, mental and emotional well-being of people living with dementia, their families and carers.
The Community Activities Organiser is central to our success, in sourcing, planning, organising and facilitating social, recreational and therapeutic activities both digitally and in the local community ensuring that people living with dementia are encouraged, have access to, and can participate in a varied range of activities which are designed to enhance their quality of life and enjoyment.
The key role of the Community Activities Organiser role is to:
· Understand the various community types that exist and consider the activities that will help each community to flourish
· Advertise and promote activities and events, to ensure that every person living with dementia in the locality is aware, feels encouraged, has access to, and knows they can participate in the activities at their will
· Lead the development and organisation of individual and group, social, recreational and therapeutic activities and interests
· Initiate, develop and maintain effective working relationships with other partners working in the field of dementia in the local voluntary, statutory and private sectors
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
· Be flexible, self-motivated and dynamic with excellent communication and influencing skills, and ability to work effectively without close supervision
· Have a proven track record of experience in each of the above elements of the role
· Be committed to collaborative working and learning from others
· Be experienced and show a good understanding of best practice in organising the provision of therapeutic interventions for people living with dementia, their families and carers
· This role will cover the Lanarkshire locality with a base within our Dementia Resource Centre in Motherwell. A driving licence and access to a car during working hours is essential.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
· This is an exciting opportunity if you love supporting people to make a difference in their lives. The role enables you to bring your expertise and your network together to provide community activities that will enable people living with dementia to meet their individual outcomes.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 24 October 2021
INTERVIEW DATE: Monday 1 November 2021
For a full job description, please click apply where you will be redirected to our website to fill out an application form. Applicants must complete the form on our website to be considered for this role.
To apply for this position, please use the online application form. No CVs will be accepted.
Any queries, please contact;