As a Personal Assistant (PA), your role is to enable the employer, a 28-year-old disabled gentleman and wheelchair-user in, to pursue his ambitions and live independently.
This opportunity is only open to holders of a driving licence valid in the UK.
· Assist the employer with a range of social, work-related and domestic activities (and enable him to pursue his interests, desires and goals in general).
· Assist the employer out and about, including driving the employer’s adapted van.
· Assist the employer with tidying, laundry, shopping and other household tasks.
· Assist the employer with eating, drinking and preparing food.
· Assist the employer with dressing and personal care, including use of a ceiling-track hoist.
Skills & Personal Qualities
· Enthusiastic, outgoing and positive attitude.
· Excellent communication, social and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
· Previous experience supporting a disabled person is desirable, but not essential.
· Driving licence valid in the UK is essential.
· Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is essential.
· Opportunity is open to male and female applicants.
· Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of two paid trial shifts.
· Working hours are negotiable
· Training is provided
How to Apply
To apply for this position, email your completed application form or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference CG OH in the subject line. Download an application form via the link below.