Barnardo’s and Dundee Women’s Aid (DWA) have an exciting opportunity for people to join our Multi-Agency Independent Advocacy Service (MIA), who have a genuine interest in working with victims of domestic abuse.
The MIA Service is currently undergoing a transition to a new model. We are developing an integrated Specialist Domestic Abuse Court Advocacy and Support Service focused on reducing risk and improving the safety and wellbeing of victims of domestic abuse in Dundee, which aims to ensure that all victims; women, children, and men, are safe, informed and supported throughout their involvement with the criminal justice system. Applicants should have a knowledge of domestic abuse and be committed to working with those who experience it, be enthusiastic, motivated, have excellent communication skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multi agency environment, evidencing a respectful and inclusive approach. You will be creative, innovative, adaptable, dynamic and able to deliver an empathic and robust service. The use of a non-judgemental approach is essential, and you should be able to evidence professional curiosity. This is an exciting new service model which is being funded by Scottish Government for 1 year initially, with a possibility of extension dependent on future funding opportunities.
PURPOSE OF THE POST
To be responsible for ensuring the administrative support to a service or group of services is provided in an efficient and effective manner.
Premises and facilities management
• Provide and/or supervise the provision of an effective, service user friendly reception service.
• Provide an effective first point of contact telephone service to victims of domestic abuse and for agency enquiries.
• Provide and/or supervise the provision of efficient office systems, e.g. opening and distributing post, message taking, room booking and staff movement systems.
• In agreement with the appropriate manager, and in accordance with Barnardo’s policies and procedures, ensure the service is equipped with the necessary furniture, equipment and supplies.
• Liaise with staff from Property and Facilities Management (PFM) or external landlords as appropriate to ensure premises and vehicles used by the service are fit for purpose and well maintained.
• Ensure that systems are in place and working effectively to maintain appropriate standards of cleanliness and food hygiene within the premises used by the service.
• Undertake tasks delegated from the appropriate manager to ensure the premises and vehicles used by the service are secure and that systems to maintain security and safety are operating effectively. (This may involve key holder responsibilities.)
• As delegated by the appropriate manager, undertake or supervise health and safety and fire safety responsibilities.
Preparing financial information
• Assist with budget preparation.
• Monitor income and expenditure against original budget and revised forecasts.
• Prepare audit information and reports as required.
Dealing with income
• Complete or supervise the completion of appropriate invoice paperwork.
• Ensure income is recorded and receipted according to Barnardo’s policies and procedures by undertaking the tasks directly or supervising others to do so.
• Ensure income is banked in a timely, safe and secure way.
Dealing with expenditure
• Manage the Imprest account to support effective and timely service delivery.
• Ensure invoices are coded according to Barnardo’s requirements by undertaking the tasks directly or supervising others to do so.
• Maintain the required documentation regarding invoicing and commitments.
• Ensure staff and volunteer expenses are paid in a timely manner according to Barnardo’s policies and procedures by undertaking the tasks directly or supervising others to do so.
• As delegated by the appropriate manager, undertake journal transfers.
Checking income and expenditure
• Undertake required checking processes including payroll reconciliation in a timely manner at the agreed frequency.
Payments to Carers and/or service users (if applicable)
• Ensure that systems to make required regular payments to carers and/or service users are in place and implemented efficiently in line with Barnardo’s UK policies and local procedures.
Service user records’ administration
In accordance with Barnardo’s UK policies and local procedures:
• Undertake or supervise the administration of service users’ referrals from external agencies.
• Undertake or supervise the administration of maintaining service user records.
• As required, assist in supporting access to records by service users and information sharing to external agencies.
Production of management information
• In accordance with Barnardo’s policies and procedures, ensure appropriate authorisation and enter staff employment information, e.g., leave, sickness and absence, on the required system (or supervise others to do these tasks).
• Produce reports on financial information for internal and external audiences as required.
Service user Information
• Produce reports aggregated from service user records for internal and external audiences as required.
• Ensure the service’s key documentation and information systems are set up and maintained according to Barnardo’s UK policies and local procedures.
Support and provision of secretarial/administrative services
• Carry out directly and/or supervise the provision of all secretarial/administrative duties as required to support the delivery of the service.
In accordance with Barnardo’s policies and procedures:
• When required, recruit, induct and supervise administrative assistants and/or domestic staff.
• Support the induction and training of all service staff in matters connected to the administration of the service, including the use of IT systems.
Undertake any other duties as required by line management to support effective frontline delivery of service.
This Job Description and Person Specification reflect the duties of the post as they exist at this time and may be subject to changed based on the needs of the Department Programme. The post-holder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the salary and competence requirements of this post from time to time as required.
This post requires a PVG scheme record check for both types of regulated work – work with children and work with protected adults.
This job description cannot cover every issue or task that may arise within the scope of the post. The post-holder will be expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with the duties as detailed above.
For further information, including a generic Barnardo's job description at details of how to apply, please download the Information Pack from our vacancies page linked below.
The recruitment process is being coordinated by DWA and an Information Pack and Application Form are available on the vacancies page on our website dundeewomensaid.co.uk/vacancies.php or for further information please call 01382 220803 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE: 9:00am, Monday 18th October 2021