Turning Point Scotland North East Edinburgh Recovery Services provides recovery focused psychosocial interventions to adults experiencing drug and alcohol-related issues across North East Edinburgh. We work within a hub model with partners, including NHS Lothian, CEC Social Work and other voluntary agencies to ensure individualised packages of care to enable service users to achieve their recovery goals.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our team at the Leith Hub 5 Links Place Edinburgh EH6 7EZ. You will be providing the high-quality delivery of 1:1 and group recovery focused interventions to those we support. The services are delivered from our main offices and on an outreach basis in pharmacies GP surgery and at client's home where required.
Please note all staff are expected to be able to work across both Leith and Craigmillar sites when required.
As a busy established recovery hub we are seeking candidates who already have some knowledge of drug and alcohol harm reduction and treatment options and can demonstrate experience working with this client group.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide effective administration support – To:
• Perform general reception duties:
• Maintain and retain effective records of all service users and visitors to the service/department as appropriate.
• Be responsible for the opening and redirection of incoming and outgoing mail for the service/department, and logging of mail.
• Be responsible for producing letters, email correspondence, presentations, reports, photocopying, faxing and printing for the service/department.
• Maintain effective filing, archiving and retention systems.
• Devises admin systems in support of functions within the service/department as appropriate.
• Maintain and order office stationery supplies as required.
• Maintain effective office systems.
• Be responsible for the financial transactions of the service/department as required;
• Responsible for petty cash and submitting returns,
• Processing financial transactions on Pegasus, and
• Administration and processing of service user finances.
• Process HR, recruitment and payroll information.
• Input data, collate statistics, and produce and analyse basic reports.
• Be responsible for the provision of monthly submissions to Head Office e.g. absence returns, recruitment paperwork, service user data etc.
• Participate in in-service/departmental meetings, prepare paperwork and produce notes/minutes.
• Assist with organising events e.g. stakeholder days, fundraising etc as required.
• Support with organising building maintenance as required.
• Support with the monitoring security equipment and instigate any action as appropriate.
• Responsible for promoting positive team working within the wider admin team.
• Participate in and contribute to the wider Administration Team as required.
• Participate in and contribute to organisational work and purpose on a national or strategic level as required.
• Responsible for carrying out specific tasks to deadline.
• Work with significant autonomy/independence as required.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Please visit our website to apply.
Closing date: 18th October 2021.