£500 Retention Payment!!
You will receive £500 if you are successfully appointed with Hillcrest Futures
£250 on successful completion of your 6 month probation period
£250 on successful completion of 12 months service
Tollcross View is a twenty four hour, seven day a week temporary supported accommodation service located on Lauriston
Place, Edinburgh. We support fourteen male homeless individuals with a variety of support needs including
substance misuse and mental health issues.
As a Support Worker you will:
- Help individuals to move on from the project and resettle them in the community, in a permanent housing option
suited to their needs.
- Build supportive relationships with the individuals and assist them to tackle the
issues that led to their homelessness.
- Work to a rota that involves backshifts and weekend
- Be confident in dealing with a homeless client group
- Have compassion and understanding for the issues
homeless people face
- Hold an SVQ2 in Health and Social Care or have the willingness to undertake study
to achieve this
- Be expected to complete registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
within six months of taking up this post
- Savings Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Generous Mileage Allowance
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Comprehensive Health and Well-being Package
- Free access to online discounts for well-known retailers
- Death in Service Benefit (up to three times your salary)
- Cycle to Work Scheme (great savings from 25% - 39% on bikes and accessories)
- Tech Scheme (great savings of up to 12% on a range of over 5,000 products including tablets, televisions, fitness trackers, phones, games consoles and kitchen appliances)