Employer: Voluntary Action Angus, 5-7 The Cross, Forfar DD8 1BX
Responsible to: Voluntary Action Angus and Project Working Group
Purposes of the job
- Recruit and train Breastfeeding Peer Support Volunteers
- To improve the support provided by trained
Breast Buddies to breastfeeding mothers in Angus at breastfeeding groups via social media pages
and Supervise up to 50 volunteers to deliver peer support
- To promote breastfeeding friendly environments
in local communities.
- To improve mother satisfaction with breastfeeding support and
- To ensure equality of opportunity, fairness and diversity in all aspects of
- Implement good child protection practice in all areas of work
- To establish a programme of
initial contact to breastfeeding mums
- To encourage a culture of actively promoting Breast Buddies by
health care professionals.
- Undertaking work as delegated by the Manager and the project working group
- Providing ongoing and
effective support to Breast Buddies including attendance at peer support groups
- Implementing and
developing as appropriate (in collaboration with the project working group) the recruitment and training of
- Take responsibility for liaising with midwives, health visitors, breastfeeding support
workers and family nurses to ensure effective coordination of the project, including ensuring that ongoing
effective and consistent support is available to breastfeeding mothers and peer supporters.
the implementation and review of relevant policies and procedures
- Contributing to required
administration, monitoring, financial systems and project outcomes with the support of the project working
- Promoting the work and development of the project at a local level
- To ensure data
collection tools are understood and completed by Breast Buddies
Working in Partnership
- Ensuring effective liaison with midwives at Arbroath Infirmary Maternity Unit and local health
- Networking appropriately within the community
- Work collaboratively with the project
The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties that fall within the nature of the role and
responsibilities of the post as detailed above.
The closing date is 5th November 2021.
For an application pack, please contact Katrina Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org