Hanover has been successfully housing and supporting people in Scotland for over 40 years. Our core purpose is to
help people feel safe and secure at home so they can live full and independent lives. Hanover provides and
manages a wide range of housing throughout Scotland that enhances our residents’ quality of life.
Hanover continues to innovate and adapt to the challenges of tomorrow by encouraging and supporting personal
development, a commitment to sustainable and adaptive ICT systems, and control measures in place for the managed
delivery of our services including strong adherence to robust safe working practices throughout. Hanover is
currently reviewing our operating model and is considering how we retain the benefits of home working whilst
ensuring that direct services are provided and the team is supported to collaborate and work together.
About the Role
The Very Sheltered Housing Manager Paisley role has come available due to internal promotion. Our Very Sheltered
Housing Managers oversee the provision of housing management, support/care and catering services provided at
very sheltered developments which enable older people to retain the role of tenant and to exercise choice and
independence, including organising repairs/maintenance, management of rents, dealing with tenancy enquiries, and
supporting customers. Please note the starting salary is £28,027 rising to £35,335 in line with company
This is an opportunity for the right person to make a real difference in the lives of our customers. The Very
Sheltered Housing Manager Paisley will:
- Oversee the provision of housing management, support/care and catering services provided at very sheltered
developments which enable older people to retain the role of tenant and to exercise choice and independence,
including organising repairs/maintenance, management of rents, dealing with tenancy enquiries, and supporting
- Lead, manage and motivate staff using a teamwork approach and to ensure that the development
is adequately always staffed in accordance with approved staffing arrangements.
- Deliver quality housing
management, support and care services to customers in accordance with the Association’s standards by identifying
suitable applicants, managing allocations and terminations in a manner consistent with the Association’s
- Ensure that customers’ enquiries are responded to timeously. To assist where required in
complex or sensitive situations such as Rent Account queries or neighbour complaints or property
- Communicate effectively to other staff their responsibilities and to establish, monitor and
maintain consistent standards of staff performance ensuring that staff training needs are
- Manage day care and respite care services effectively according to the Association’s
- Ensure the provision of an efficient and effective catering service, providing regular
wholesome and nutritious meals to customers in accordance with the Association’s standards for food safety to
both very sheltered and any associated day centres.
- Ensure that the management of income and expenditure
reporting is undertaken in accordance with the Association’s procedures.
To join us, you need to have a genuine passion for helping people
- Relevant experience in a similar or equivalent role.
- Possess a sound understanding of housing
management, housing support and care services environments
- Must be able to be registered and remain
registered with the Scottish Social Services Council as a condition of employment
- Hold or be able to
obtain, via Hanover support, REHIS Food Safety Certificates and Emergency First Aid Certificate
license with access to a vehicle.
- Basic computer skills, including experience using Microsoft Windows,
word-processing & e-mail, plus use of corporate databases.
Apply today to join an exceptional team who make a real difference in the lives of residents and take pride in
everything that they do.
What We Are Offering
Hanover is accredited with The Silver Investors in People Award. Aside from offering a supportive and friendly
environment where our people are valued and appreciated, we’ll see that your hard work and drive to succeed are
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Pension Options
- Enhanced Maternity Benefits
- Employee Protection Protocols
- Cycle to Work Scheme,
- Childcare Vouchers,
To apply please visit our
Closing Date: 29th September 2021 noon