PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide support and assistance to the Dundee Women’s Aid team to enable the best possible service to be provided to service users.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Duties of the role include the moving and handling of items when supporting service users, manual handling of personal belongings to help service users move items in between refuge facilities and new homes.
• Receive families and admit them to flats, at the same time explaining rules and conditions. This includes transporting them and their belongings to refuge
• Provide an induction to new residents on the heating system, security of the premises and electrical equipment.
• Where appropriate assist women in refuge with the completion of forms, etc.
• Assist with the collection of charges due from residents in refuge, issue receipts, keep records of cash collected, payments due/in arrears, deposit cash at DWA office base
• Cover for the other Facilities staff in their absence
• Clean and prepare refuge properties for occupation by service users when the cleaner needs additional help
• Liaise with the Senior Facilities Worker in preparing refuge properties for occupation
• Carry out Weekly Checks of flats and refuges for Health & Safety purposes and ensure that flats are properly maintained by residents and report repairs to the landlord, pass any difficulties to the Senior Facilities Worker
• Respond to ad hoc Health and safety checks including CCTV
• Maintain and check periodically the inventory of furnishings, bedding, crockery, kitchen utensils, etc. pertinent to each flat.
• Complete DIY repairs and maintenance tasks including painting and decorating
• Ensure that immediately prior to a family vacating the accommodation the inventory is checked.
• Assist with the maintenance of the storeroom and goods therein in a proper and tidy manner and ensure all necessary paperwork for the receipt/and/or issue of resources is completed.
• Provide general admin support to the team including filing, photocopying, maintaining a ready supply of forms such as housing benefit, etc., supplies of stationery.
• Ensure all resources are replenished and accessible
• Assist in the update of Welcome Packs for refuge properties
• There may be a requirement to work out with normal working hours on occasions.
• The post holder is required to travel extensively throughout Dundee. It is a requirement of the post holder to hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle with insurance cover for business use. Please note, applicants who do not meet this criteria will not be shortlisted.
This job description cannot cover every issue or task that may arise within the scope of the post. The post-holder will be expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with the duties as detailed above. The post-holder is required to be a member of the PVG Scheme