Becoming part of the team at Unity!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team at an exciting time of change and development. We are Unity and we work hard to uphold our core values of Equality, Inclusion, Respect, Honesty, Kindness, Fairness and Bravery. We expect all our people to show these values through their work and behaviour.
We believe firmly in supporting individuals and communities to achieve their potential and we welcome everyone - people are at the heart of everything we do. We offer a competitive salary, a very generous holiday allowance, including 13 public holidays.
What do we do?
Unity is a Scottish Charity, delivering support and advice to vulnerable people and families in the West of Scotland, including support for carers and people with learning disabilities.
Unity Works, looks to solidify Unity’s employability work, the new project will create a bespoke approach to supported employment, suited to clients with a range of needs and abilities. Creating a programme which creates individuals with confidence, skills and experience for the modern workplace.
All of this means that we need to work very closely with our colleagues, other teams, and other services in the city. Our collaborative approach is very much at the heart of our work.
Empower seeks to promote equality by providing opportunities to adults 16+ who live with a learning disability, support need or autism to work towards goals in education, work or recreation. We recognise the Service user as the expert in their own lives and work with individuals to achieve the goals they set.
Service Managers have responsibilities for the overall management, development and quality assurance of care and support provided in Empower Learning Disability service. This includes the supervision of staff and the management of resources.
• You will be the registered manager for the service
• Creating and leading on the overall strategy for Empower
• Representing Empower, and therefore Unity, at external forums as required
• Developing on the Empower Brand
• Identifying new areas of growth for the service
• Develop relationships and create partnerships with local organisations
• Developing the existing framework to ensure that the Learning Disabilities provision remains fresh, current, and meaningful
• Working with the Senior Management Team to plan, problem solve and develop the organisation
You should be have an working knowledge and understanding of Learning Disabilities legislation and how this translates into person centred service delivery.
You should have experience of leading a team in a registered service and experience of Care Inspectorate e-forms system would be desirable.
• Leadership and management experience
• The ability to work under pressure, manage workloads and juggle conflicting priorities.
• Problem solving and working in partnership with other services
• People management skills
• Ability to communicate vision for the project effectively with all staff and stakeholders
• Networking and Partnership Development
• Experience of the charity sector
• Knowledge of support services in key areas such as carers, homelessness, mental health, learning disabilities
• Administration skills
This role is required to work across various Empower projects; A driving license and access to a car is essential.
You will be required to be the registered manager and have the relevant qualifications.
An application pack is available for download below below.
Closing date: 15th October 2021