We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Team Manager to join our Glasgow Justice team to provide direct support to the Team Manager. You will supervise Assistant Project Workers and develop leadership and people management skills within the team. In this role you will attend both internal and external meetings and have the opportunity to contribute to ongoing work on strategic priorities and development of services and work on projects. The successful candidate should have a full driver's licence and access to a car.
What does the role involve?
• Point of reference for Project Workers, Assistant Project Workers and Mentors
• Supervise and develop Assistant Project Workers within team including coaching and some training delivery
• Participates in recruitment and selection activity
• Participates in the delivery of induction training for staff at all levels
• Participates in external contract meetings
• actively contribute to monitoring of service delivery against contractual obligations
• Attend referral meetings responsible for all aspects of referral management
• Participates in and facilitates Team Meetings and Mentor meetings
• Overview of referrals and allocation of work
• Overseeing deployment and active influencing in resource management
• Actively participate in helpline service and management of day time back up to ensure 24/7 support and crisis management with risk enablement being at the heart of professional judgement and decision making.
• Supporting the team to evidence examples of good practice for use by the Development team
• Engage effectively with partner agencies on a day to day basis and also pro-actively seek new opportunities for partnership/collaborative working
• Work collaboratively and effectively with all functional supports & other service staff across the organisation
All posts require individuals to:
• Work flexibly to meet the needs of the young people and families
• Develop safe, professional and committed relationships with young people and families
• Use their communication skills effectively to influence, record and evidence positive change and provide personalised, risk enabled, professional support
• Be able to drive and have access to a car for work purposes
• Become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups scheme (paid for by Includem)
• To be registered or become registered with the Scottish Social Services Council and hold or be willing to work towards an SVQ 4 or equivalent (qualifications are fully funded by Includem)
We value our staff and employee benefits include:
• A full and robust training and induction programme
• Holiday entitlement of 28 days rising to 31 with length of service and 9 public holidays
• Enhanced Employer Pension Contributions
• Free Confidential Employee Counselling Service
• Access to Mental Health First Aiders across the organisation
• Free Vehicle Breakdown Cover
• Company Mobile Phone and Laptop
• Access to the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations Credit Union
• Discounted holidays and associated benefits
• Access to discounts for charity workers which includes gym memberships, high street shops, online retailers, travel, insurance
• Flexible and agile working
• Family friendly policies
Includem are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
If you would like more information regarding this role, please contact our HR department on 0141 212 8800 who will arrange for an informal chat with the recruiting manager. You can apply directly online via the includem website (includem.org).
Alternatively, you can request a pack by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Head Office on the number above.
The closing date for applications is Monday 20th September 2021 at midnight.
For applicants who are successfully shortlisted interviews will take place via video conferencing on Wednesday 29th September 2021.