Includem are currently recruiting for Sessional Mentors to join their Glasgow team to support children, young people and their families. Ideally the successful candidates should have a full driver’s licence and access to a car for work purposes.
What does the role involve?
• Working independently with young people, but also as part of a team of support.
• Providing emotional support and linking in with service delivery teams to ensure an appropriate response to our young people or their families.
• The opportunity to work directly with our young people and their families in their communities.
The ideal candidate should be able to commit to a minimum of 5 hours per week with a view to working more hours as and when required (including evenings and weekends). As sessional Mentors work directly with young people and families in the community there is a requirement that you can drive and have access to a car for work purposes.
All posts require individuals to:
If you have all of the below skills and attributes then we would love to hear from you:
• A genuine passion for helping children, young people and their families
• The ability to identify and manage emotions (your own and others)
• An empathetic and non-judgemental outlook
• The ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to build relationships with young people and their families
• An awareness of issued facing vulnerable young people and their families
• Ability to respond flexibly to changing situations led by the needs of the young person and their families
• Good organisational skills
• Be a team player but also be able to work on your own initiative
• Be self-motivated and flexible
• Ability to provide emotional, practical and social support
• Good communication skills both written and verbal including ability to maintain accurate records
• Reliability and commitment to deliver the relationship based model of intervention
• Ability to drive and have access to own car for work purposes
We value our staff and employee benefits include:
• A full and robust training and induction programme
• Free Confidential Employee Counselling Service
• Access to Mental Health First Aiders across the organisation
• Free Vehicle Breakdown Cover
• Company Mobile Phone
• Access to the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations Credit Union
• Discounted holidays and associated benefits
• Access to discounts for charity workers which includes gym memberships, high street shops, online retailers, travel, insurance
• Family friendly policies
If you would like more information regarding this role, please contact our HR department on 0141 212 8800 who will arrange for an informal chat with one of our managers. You can apply directly online via the includem website (includem.org).
Alternatively, you can request a pack by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Head Office on the number above.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 30th September 2021 at midnight.
For applicants who are successfully shortlisted a group selection event will take place via video conferencing in October. If you are successful following the group selection event individual interviews will take place in October.