The Robertson Trust is one of the leading grant-making charitable trusts in Scotland. Our aim as an organisation is a fair and compassionate Scotland where everyone is valued and able to flourish. Our new strategy is to work with others, using all of our tools and resources, to improve the wellbeing of people affected by poverty and trauma. The Trust awards each year, around £20 million in grants to Scottish charities and financial support to students in further and higher education supported by our Scholarship team.
The Robertson Trust is now recruiting a Scholarship Administrator to assist the Scholarship team, in all aspects of their role, in the delivery of our Journey to Success Scholarship Programme. The key focus of the role is assisting with the provision of information, support and guidance to students throughout their journey into and through university. We welcome applications from individuals who would enjoy being part of an enthusiastic team dedicated to improving the life chances of young Scottish undergraduates and who may have experience of working with students.
The successful candidate should be committed to supporting Scholars on various aspects of their academic journey and experience of working with students in further and higher education is desirable.
As a member of the Trust’s Scholarship Team, you will assist with:
• The first point of contact for daily queries; monitoring scholar inbox and allocating support requests to the relevant team member
• Reporting on Scholar activity, often working to tight timeframes
• Support the communication of upcoming events and news via email
• Create accurate records of Scholar activity, using Salesforce
• Assist in providing online delivery support including managing bookings, resources and surveys
• Contribute to the annual selection of candidates for Scholarship
• Assist in the organisation and delivery of the Welcome Weekend
• Support the administration of internship opportunities
• Support the administration of volunteering opportunities for 2nd and 3rd year Scholars
• Support the administration of our Alumni Network
• Assist in the evaluation of all training and development projects undertaken
• Assist in providing annual updates on fair access and academic progression rates
• Highlight any changes required to the Programme
• Provide any other adhoc duties as required, assisting the smooth running of the Scholarship Programme
• £25,345 - £30,413
• 35 days holiday per calendar year, inclusive of public holidays
• Pension - 10% employer contribution or 14% if employee contribution is 7%
• Death in Service 4 x salary or 8 x salary if employee contribution to pension
• Private healthcare
• Annual Travel Pass Loan
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter explaining how you are suited to this role and why you want to work for The Robertson Trust. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is Monday 27th September 2021 and first interviews will take place during week commencing 18th October 2021.