We have a clear purpose and an impressive reputation - for over 70 years we have supported disabled people. Our 5000 staff and 10,000 volunteers support nearly 70,000 people in the UK and around the world, opening doors to opportunity.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team in Scotland in piloting a new initiative. Working together with people and communities the My Involvement Link Worker will promote recognition of the role and contribution that we all have in developing more inclusive communities and the difference involvement makes to people and communities. You will be passionate about keeping people at the heart of outcomes planning, partnership working and collaboration, promoting and supporting a personal outcomes planning approach to involvement of people with lived experience of disability and learning from lived experience in line with Leonard Cheshire in Scotland’s live Directorate Strategy and Leonard Cheshire’s ‘Live, Learn, Work’ Strategy.
• To work in partnership with people with lived experience of disability, colleagues in different roles, organisations and communities to share learning, ideas and creative ways of involving disabled people and capturing the difference involvement makes. You will work alongside our Policy and Engagement team in Scotland.
• To promote and support the involvement of people with lived experience of disability in leading, driving and influencing innovation and improvement.
• To contribute to our ‘people at the heart’ workstream of our live locality plans and collaborate in our communications and engagement strategy.
• To contribute to developing and maintaining appropriate networks which enable people with lived experience of disability to influence policy and decision making.
• To map, connect with and support connection to holistic networks and involvement opportunities including inclusive volunteering and employment opportunities.
• To map and support connection to existing information and resources to support planning for involvement at individual and community level and digital inclusion and engagement.
• have empathy with the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire.
• have professional experience in involvement and engagement particularly experience of working with and involving people with lived experience of disability.
• have excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• have a wide understanding of equalities and human rights.
• bring your knowledge of designing and using outcomes focused approaches and performance measures.
This post will require travel within a designated area and occasionally across the UK including staying away from home.
To apply please visit our website
Closing date: 11 October 2021