About the role
· The Trust Manager will be responsible for the day to day management of the internal and external affairs of the Trust including the line management of the Communications and Administrative Support Officer as directed by the Board of Trustees.
· Preparation of EMM & AMM agendas in line with the SCIO constitution
· Preparation and dissemination of meeting minutes in a suitable format in a timely manner
· Presentation of indigenous project proposals to further the objectives of the trust as well as supporting and enhancing external social media communications
· Ongoing monitoring and communications with indigenous projects supported ensuring audit requirements are met and relevant information is provided to support communications
· Preparation of quarterly budgets for Board meetings
· Ongoing communications with authorities, including auditors, accountants, legal representatives, volunteers (where applicable) and investment managers
· Making recommendations to the Board of Trustees to enable the strategic and ongoing management of the Trust.
· Presenting at Board meetings to ensure timely decisions can be made with full transparency
· Preparation of all documentation required to fulfil the Annual Audit and in consultation with the Chair of the Board, preparation of the Annual Report
· To uphold and have full regard to the Trust’s policies and internal procedures, reputation, aims and values
· At the direction of the Board, to visit supported projects ensuring they are meeting their reporting requirements and to seek opportunities for new funding partnerships that will enhance and support the values of the Trust
· Ensuring all invoices with contractors are accounted for and settled in a timely and agreeable manner
· To make recommendations to the Board of Trustees for the improved and ongoing Governance of the Trust
· To report on the performance of the Trust’s investments and to make recommendations to ensure they meet the financial objectives of the trust
· To report on the trust’s heritable property ensuring it is maintained in a sustainable manner; recommending and overseeing any contractual work and making certain current health and safety guidelines are strictly adhered to and documented
· A four percent contribution of gross salary will be paid by the employer each month to a recognised pension provider Holidays
· The equivalent of 20 days (four working weeks) holiday per year are provided excluding public holidays for full time employees. An additional half day per year will be added to this entitlement for continued service up to a maximum of 30 days (six working weeks). For part time employees a pro rata entitlement will be detailed in the contract of employment.
Working from home
· If a permanent homeworking arrangement is agreed, the employer will amend the contract of employment to reflect the homeworking agreement where necessary. All required IT equipment will be provided to perform your responsibilities.
Making an application
· Apply in writing, using this opportunity to demonstrate how your skills and experience meet the person specification and reflect the values of The Onaway Trust. Applications should be returned no later than 15 Oct and be addressed to:
The Onaway Trust
or submitted by email to email@example.com