An exciting opportunity to be part of a motivated and well established team providing interventions for Young People with Drug and Alcohol misuse needs within the criminal justice system.
About The Role
We are looking for a dynamic and committed individual to join our Subwize Young People’s service in Barking and Dagenham, working with a creative and innovative team. This rewarding and exciting role will be key in providing proactive and targeted interventions within YOI’s and the community to high-risk young people to support them as they transition into adult services, exit gangs and reduce/stop offending. This includes providing links with support services, positive activities and education, employment and training as well as treatment services.
You will also provide information and advice to professionals and key stakeholders about the resources and services available to the 17-24 age group in Barking & Dagenham in relation to youth crime exploitation, violence, gang disruption and prevention and associated issues such as substance misuse and mental health.
• Work within the Complex Criminal Justice team to engage and provide targeted interventions to young people known to the criminal justice system.
• Deliver services in partnership with colleagues from the Youth Offending Service, Serious Youth Violence and Gang Prevention Team, Probation, Police, Integrated Offender Management (IOM) Programme and other youth establishments including schools and colleges across the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham.
• Plan and deliver structured programmes and projects to address risk factors that relate to young people’s participation in criminal activity, crime exploitation, gangs and violent and group offending in line with local and national strategies.
• Work within the WDP SubWize team to engage and provide targeted interventions to young people known to the criminal justice system.
• Salary band of £24,627 - £29,000 per annum
• 37.5 hours per week, Fixed term contract
The role is based at the Subwize, but much of your time will be working with service users at partner locations such as the Youth Offending service. There is an expectation you will be able to travel across the borough.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website: wdp.ciphr-irecruit.com/applicants/vacancy/576/Young-Peoples-Community-Complex-Criminal-Justice-Practitioner---Barking-and-Dagenham
Application Deadline: 19 September 2021
Diversity and Equality