The post holder is responsible for supporting a new programme of engagement and options appraisal work around
services to support people living with a long-term health condition (LTC) practice self-management.
Specifically, the post holder will lead on work to scope options for digital delivery and support, based on feedback
and engagement from people with a LTC and other stakeholders. The options will then be developed into proposals
and working alongside other LGOWIT colleagues the postholder will pilot preferred options. Before the completion
of the fixed project term, the post holder will complete the work with a full report and provide recommendations
- Develop a detailed project plan and timeline for completion against the project outline and
- To plan and execute a wide range of engagement activities to capture stakeholder views and
input in the initial scoping, piloting and final recommendations stages of the project.
- To work closely
with other member of the LGOWIT and HTSI teams to ensure full delivery of the project plan and
- To maintain accurate records and notes necessary to inform the project development and
- To produce stage completion and final project reporting with detailed indications of
learning, recommendations, and next steps as appropriate.
- To support the general work of promoting
self-management and its benefits for those living with a long term condition.
- To ensure that regular
information on project progress and development is provided to the LGOWIT team and funders as
- To assist with the compilation of monitoring and reporting as required by funders and
- To assist with the communication and promotion of LGOWIT’s work purpose and aims as
- To undertake any other reasonable task required of the post by the line manager.
- Extensive experience of working with Microsoft packages, including word, PowerPoint, excel and
- Experience of working within a small team, preferably withing the third
- Experience of dealing with the public and public enquiries, particularly via email and on the
- Experience of community engagement or of working with community groups
- Experience of
writing for business and wider circulation in a business setting
- Experience of project working, ideally
planning and management
Knowledge and skills
- Educated to standard grade level in English and Maths, or equivalent
- Evidenced experience in working
with Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of confidentiality requirements and the management of personal
- Evidenced experience of co-ordinating events for the public
- Knowledge of basic risk
management, particularly as it pertains to digital work
- Knowledge of common digital platforms such as MS
Teams, Facebook, Twitter, Slack, Zoom etc.
- Public speaking skills, specifically an ability to engage and
talk to/with a wide range of people
- Some knowledge of the principles of self-management as it related to
long term health conditions would be an advantageous
- Self-starter, proactive and excellent organiser with the ability to work unsupervised.
interpersonal skills – flexibility for different audiences, tact, diplomacy, adaptability.
- Honesty and
- Approachable, confident and at ease with others.
- Ability to work as part of a team and
- Commitment to the principles of confidentiality, and equality of opportunity
Responsible to:LGOWIT Project Manager
Applications or any queries about the role can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also apply via our
website - Vacancies | Highlands (highlandtsi.org.uk)
Closing date: 19th September 2021