Fife Coast and Countryside Trust (FCCT) is an independent charitable trust that looks after Fife’s finest natural heritage. We are seeking an Education Manager to join our dynamic and effective team. We are an organisation driven by a passion for Fife’s natural heritage and a commitment to promoting understanding and care for the natural environment through outdoor learning. We believe that our people are our greatest asset and look to employ individuals who bring a positive, energetic, constructive, and committed attitude to the workplace.
In accordance with the Curriculum for Excellence through Outdoor Learning, FCCT recognises that outdoor learning provides meaningful and memorable learning experiences that can add relevance and depth to curriculums. Learning outdoors can be enjoyable, creative, challenging and adventurous and helps people, young and old, learn by experience and grow as confident and responsible citizens who value and appreciate the spectacular landscapes, natural heritage and culture of Fife. We are also committed to ensuring the outdoors is a place for all those who wish to access it responsibly and with care for nature.
Working to the Head of Communities and Engagement, this role offers an opportunity for an able educator with a strong belief in the value of outdoor learning to really make a difference. You will be able to shape and influence outdoor learning policy and deliver meaningful and rewarding experiences to people of all ages. To achieve this, the Education Manager will identify key stakeholders including schools, colleges and universities and other educational establishments. They will drive strategic engagement across these organisations, building relationships and strengthening collaborative working practises. They will deliver an engaging and informative educational programme of events that teaches the value of responsible access and the benefits of time spent in the natural environment.
• Firm understanding of, and commitment to, the Curriculum for Excellence through Outdoor Learning.
• Educated to SCQF level 9, which includes a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
• Collaborative and engaging with the ability enthuse and inspire project teams and stakeholders.
• Significant experience of teaching in the outdoor learning environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Project management experience. Taking ownership of all stages from development through to evaluation with an eye for detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present clearly and confidently to a range of audiences.
This post is a full-time (36 hours per week) permanent post with an annual salary from £ 26768 to £ 33939. Work will be delivered over a five-day week but may include some evening and weekend work as required. Additional benefits include:
· Access to and support for professional development and training
· A comprehensive induction and orientation
· Access to a competitive Pension Scheme
To apply go to: fifecoastandcountrysidetrust.co.uk/engage/work-with-us
Closing date 1st October