Come be part of our life-changing mission!
About the role
Ypeople is delighted to announce that we are recruiting for a number of posts to work in our new Glasgow Intensive Family Support Service (GIFSS). Working in partnership with the Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership and other Third Sector providers, the GIFSS service will promote the wellbeing of children and young people by adopting a whole family approach, ensuring families have the support that they need, when they need it to enable children and young people to stay at home with their families and thrive.
The Family Support Worker will provide flexible intensive family support that enables children and young people on the edges of care, and their families, to receive the right support at the right time, building on their strengths and reducing the need for statutory supports. A key part of this role will be working in partnership with the Health and Social Care Partnership (HSCP) and other family support providers as part of the GIFSS (Glasgow Intensive Family Support Service) model by sharing resources, learning and creating solutions that help children, young people and families to thrive.
We would love you to apply for this role if...
• You are qualified in a relevant professional qualification at SCQF level 7 or above, for example SVQ 3 Social Services (Children and Young People) or Health and Social Care, relevant HNC or equivalent or are willing to work towards
• You have gained experience of working with children, young people and families facing challenges and on the edges of care.
• You have knowledge of the key issues facing children, young people and families such as the effects of trauma and poverty.
• You have a working knowledge of SSSC Codes of Practice.
You would love to work in this role if...
• You are a team player and will work in partnership with your colleagues to develop skills in assessment, support planning, risk assessment and reviews.
• You will strive to develop good communication and working relationships with children and families, colleagues and other professionals
• You will take pride in advocating on behalf of children and families
• You are excited to work in an organisation that celebrates your participation and offers you development opportunities
What you will be doing
• Provide appropriate levels of high-quality support to families in their homes and community
• Use a flexible approach so that families receive support whenever is best for them including evenings and weekends
• Deliver evidenced based family support that helps families overcome current challenges and build resilience for the future
• Maintain accurate case files for all family members and consistently assess progress across all outcomes for all family members
Full details can be found in the job & person specification in the Application Pack.
A driving license and access to a car for work purposes is required for this role
For any informal queries about the role please contact our Operations & Business Manager Joanne Glennie on firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m keen! What's next?
Please visit our website to apply; ypeople.org.uk/vacancy/family-support-worker
The deadline to submit completed application forms is midnight on Thursday 23rd September.
If you require help with the forms or if you are completing on a mobile device, please contact Recruitment Assistant Ainslie Bradley at email@example.com