This post-holder will play a vital role in the core staff team and will work closely with Sunny Govan Community
Radio’s Management to create and facilitate pathways of progression which enable attendees, participants,
volunteers, trainees, and staff to realise and develop their potential within a variety of roles in Sunny Govan
Community Radio and beyond e.g., volunteers, employees, apprentices, participants, and attendees.
For this role you will need to welcome and embrace challenges, you will have the drive, enthusiasm, and experience to
motivate people from a wide range of backgrounds and at different stages of their personal journey. The aim is
to create an internal skills development route which enables people to successfully evolve and progress into
decent employment, further education, become better at their volunteering roles or secure and sustain their
employment within the operational requirements of the services and programmes that Sunny Govan Community Radio
We are looking for someone with previous employment support / work related coaching experience who is motivated and
highly organised. A person who can assess where people are at and what is required to enable them to realise and
develop the skillset, behaviours, and attitudes essential to sustain decent employment.
- Undertake an assessment of, and with, Sunny Govan volunteers, trainees, and staff to identify individual needs
and develop an appropriate plan of support and interventions in response.
- Re-establish SQA delivery
within Sunny G premises and work locations
- Provide support for people to develop and further their
engagement with Sunny Govan Community Radio’s personal development, volunteering and employment
- Provide, develop, deliver and support training and learning opportunities which increases
skills and self-efficacy - Establish motivating relationships which enable people to realise their potential. -
Work with Sunny Govan Community Radio to provide training and guidance to Team Leaders in developing suitable
internal training and workshops.
- Work cooperatively as part of Sunny Govan Community Radio including
attending and contributing to team meetings and wider community engagement.
- Update Sunny Govan Radio
monitoring systems with outcomes and interventions as required
- Liaise with key partners
the views and wishes of local people are central to your work and encourage participation across all services
- Actively engage with local people to ensure that Sunny Govan Community Radio is evolving, and new ideas are
- Attendance/Represent Sunny Govan Community Radio at external and internal meetings to promote,
share information and develop relationships with partners
- Work in partnership with other local
organisations to maximise the opportunities available to local people.
- Support the creation and
development of employability and training opportunities. - Organise information events and sessions for
promotion of opportunities.
Administration & Monitoring Duties
- Monitor time and attendance and progression of individuals
- Identify suitable funding opportunities and
contribute to writing funding bids.
- Ensure all necessary paperwork for everyone is
- Produce statistical information on the level of participation and facilitate evaluation - To
undertake administrative duties including word processing and report writing
- Certificate of Higher Education (preferred)
- Have achieved relevant External Verifier award for SVQ or HN
or be working towards it.
- Experience of Delivering SQA SVQ learning opportunities
- Experience working in Training and Employability
- Experience of working in Community Projects
- Radio / Media experience is desirable
Closing date: 30th September 2021 at midday
To apply, please email your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com