Do you want to make a real difference to people's lives?
Within our Business Development team the Contracts Officer will take the lead in the management of our contracts
regarding the care, education and employment services we provide to customers.
The duties of this role are:
- Creating and maintaining a monitoring system for existing service contracts
- Ensuring all new contracts
and contractual changes are recorded, understood and delivered in partnership with management
- Making recommendations to the Executive Team of acceptance or rejection of new or amended
contracts ensuring they are advised of any unusual provisions and their implications
contractual reporting requirements are delivered on time
- Identifying new tender opportunities and
supporting services with the tender process
- Conducting negotiations with external bodies (including
Local Authorities, Health and Social Care Partnerships, and other private organisations) to ensure the
organisation is receiving fair recompense for services delivered
- Conducting small-scale procurement
exercises (less than £100k in value) and supporting the Director of Finance & Resources on large-scale
The post is 3 days per week.
Please note this role could be based in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
- Significant experience working in a similar role and environment
- Excellent written and verbal
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- Highly organised and
strong attention to detail
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- Rewarding career choice
- Fully paid, sector-leading learning and development
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working is available
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
For more information or to apply please visit: capability.scot/careers/379-contracts-officers
Closing date: 19th September 2021