Context of Job
To provide administration support to the EDDACS service within Edinburgh Women’s Aid.
Purpose of Job
To enable the EDDACS team to provide a high quality frontline service to victims of domestic abuse at the highest
risk. Ensuring the quick communication of incoming referrals to the service on a daily basis, and providing
support to the team as required.
The role involves tight timescales and deadlines, and requires the ability to thrive in this environment and to
prioritise and manage workload to ensure that these are met.
- Distribute daily information to the team regarding each day’s referred cases within the timescale required to
allow the team to submit reports to the court and information to partners in the Police DAIU (Domestic Abuse
Investigation Unit) and VIA (Victim Information and Advice service). This is a key task of this role and is
central to the provision of the EDDACS service.
- Collate monitoring and evaluation information for the
- Assist with answering the EDDACS phone line, monitoring the EDDACS shared inbox, handling
enquiries and passing on messages.
- Upload case information to the service database.
report documents for the team to use.
- Support the service with other administrative
- Support the smooth running of team’s ITC equipment and software (i.e. lap tops, mobile phones,
online phone system), with the support of our ITC service providers and the Administration
- Remain up to date and compliant with all organisational policies and procedures.
with data protection legislation, confidentiality and information sharing policy and procedures, and any other
legislation connected to your work.
- Carry out other duties as reasonably asked by the Administration
Manager or Management team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, when dealing with colleagues, external agencies and service
- The ability to review information quickly and to pick out relevant details.
- Advanced IT
skills, particularly MS Office packages excel, word and outlook.
- Ability to work autonomously to
prioritise and manage workload to deliver within tight timescales and deadlines.
- Ensuring that
organisational policies and procedures are followed.
- Developing procedures relating to the EDDACS
administration from time to time.
- Able to collect, interpret data and produce reports.
- Have a
good understanding of domestic abuse, including the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their
- Respect and value the diversity of the community in which the service works in, and recognise
the needs and concerns of a diverse range of survivors ensuring the service is accessible to all.
- Qualification in secretarial or administration or MS Office packages.
- 2 years’ experience working in an administration role.
- Providing administrative support to a
- Working with databases.
- Collating monitoring and evaluation information.
- Be compassionate and empathetic.
- Act with integrity and respect towards colleagues, external agencies
and service users.
- Ability to work as part of a small team and be a good team worker.
interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Be resourceful and a good problem
- Be optimistic about the possibility of personal growth and change.
Responsible to: Administration Manager
This role is subject to a Disclosure Scotland Standard Police Check.
Closing date: 9am Monday 20 September 2021.
Interviews will take place on Monday 4 October 2021.
Please download the Application Pack below for furthe rinfrmation and to apply.
Please note; Women only need apply (under Schedule 9 (Part 1) of the Equality Act 2010).