Are you interested in utilising your nursing skills to provide specialist palliative nursing care to babies, children and young people within our CHAS at Home Service in Scotland’s national children’s hospice service?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a staff nurse to join our existing CHAS at Home team. The team are based in Aberdeen although work in the families homes providing the highest level of family centered care to support the needs of babies, children and young people with life shortening conditions and their families.
As a registered nurse with experience in paediatrics this is a great time to join our homecare team, not only because the Care Inspectorate reviewed us as an ‘Excellent’ service, but because we are currently expanding our CHAS at Home work to meet an increased need for families with a child who has a life shortening condition. We are looking for a nurse who is motivated, forward thinking and likes to have fun.
As a Staff Nurse within CHAS you will bring valuable experience to the team and be involved in providing specialist palliative care, end of life care for children and respite for the whole family. You will support families in making the most of the short time they have together. As well as managing a wide range of complex conditions, you’ll help create precious memories through play, arts and crafts and new experiences. You will have the opportunity to use your current knowledge and develop new skills by working alongside a highly motivated and skilled team, becoming part of an organisation where everyone is passionate about the work they do.
• Provide specialist, person-centred palliative nursing care to children and young people
• Adapt care plans to meet complex needs of each individual.
• Provide nursing care at end of life and bereavement support.
• Provide emotional and practical support to the child and their family, ensuring contact is maintained between visits and that the wishes of the family are delivered.
• Mentor the Nursing Support Worker Team, students and nursing support volunteers.
• Participate in quality assurance and practice development activities with the view of achieving the organisational goals and objectives in the CHAS Strategic Plan.
The post is based in Aberdeen.
Benefits of a Career at CHAS
Still have questions? For an informal chat regarding this post, please contact Michelle Henvey, Senior Charge Nurse for Chas at Home on 01577 866068.
To find out more and apply please visit our website
Closing Date: 08 June 2023