If you have a compassionate nature and a genuine desire to help others, you could be just what we're looking
As a Recovery Worker you will be providing support and advice to people who are experiencing difficulties due to
substance misuse. You will have your own caseload, working as part of our team and alongside other social care
services to identify how we can help. You will develop plans with your clients to help them get their lives back
to where they want them to be.
We are determined and always professional in our approach to each and every case and we never judge, we're just
here to help.
There will be assessments to carry out and records you need to keep and update, that's all part of our
professional commitment and service to our clients and commissioners.
If you think this could be the career for you, take the first step and apply now to join our amazing team.
About this job
You will work as part of a team with the aims of:
- understanding your clients
- keeping them safe
- creating a plan they can achieve with your
- checking in with them and reviewing their progress
- keeping accurate and timely records
of your contact with them
- working effectively with other social care providers e.g. Housing, to cover
all aspects of their successful recovery
- continuously learning and reflecting to improve the outcomes
for your clients
- supporting your colleagues across the service to deliver excellent care
To be successful in this role, you will:
- have attained SVQ level 3 in Social Services & Healthcare or equivalent
- already be registered with
the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) or meet the registration requirements
- have an understanding
of the issues and challenges people with substance misuse experience
- have some experience of working in
a health, social care or related setting
- have knowledge and understanding of delivering evidence-based
- have experience of delivering group work, specifically in outreach and community
- knowledge of health and safety, including assessing clients in high-risk
- have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues
- be able to work effectively in a team, supporting others when needed
- be resilient under
pressure and able to prioritise you work
- have good oral and written communication skills
comfortable using IT and digital media
- be organised and able to manage your time
- able to be flexible with your working hours on occasion
- be happy to support other
With You locations when needed
You will also need to meet our safeguarding requirements of a satisfactory enhanced PVG check.
A full job description will be available upon request
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Everyone should feel comfortable getting the support they need for issues with drugs, alcohol or mental health.
At We Are With You we work with people on their own goals, whether that’s staying safe and healthy, making small
changes or stopping an unwanted habit altogether. We give people support in a way that’s right for them either
face to face in their local service, community or online.
We provide a free and confidential service without judgement to more than 100,000 people a year.
We use our expertise to improve the help available and raise awareness around drugs, alcohol and mental health so
that more people can get support.
We Are With You.
As an organisation, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse
voices and experiences of our staff. We know that representing the communities we serve is key to us meeting our
goals of radically improving people's lives. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring and we
encourage people from underrepresented communities and backgrounds to apply to join our team, including people
with lived experience, people with disabilities, people from racialised communities, LGBTQ+ people and armed
As part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant we provide a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates that
are veterans and meet all the essential criteria for a role. With You is also Disability Confident Committed and
we offer a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with a disability and meet all the essential criteria for
If you have a disability, a learning difficulty such as dyslexia or a medical condition which you believe may affect
your performance during any aspect of our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to
enable you to perform at your best.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (change holiday entitlement where required)
- 2 days paid volunteer leave per year
- Auto-enrollment into We Are With You’s pension scheme
- Access to a Blue Light Card - giving you great savings on big high-street and online brands
- Flexible working opportunities and access to a range of services and resources to support you with your wellbeing
- We have an excellent Refer a Friend scheme which offers you a £500 bonus for any recommendations, any role! Our scheme allows you to recommend your friends and family to work with us and earn a £500 bonus payment for every successful referral you make. Please note, the Refer a Friend scheme is only applicable if your recommended friend completes their 6 months probation period