Life Church is recruiting an Operations Lead to support and develop our gatherings and ministry teams. As well as
coordinating gatherings, developing and managing teams, the role will also include administration,
communication, and oversight of the safeguarding across the breadth of the work we do.
This role is diverse and its primary purpose is to manage the operations of the church by supporting the Lead Pastor.
It exists to recruit, lead and develop the spiritual and practical life of the church through its various
gatherings, ministries and outworkings in cooperation with and accountability to its senior leadership. The role
embodies our desire to ‘express the heart of God in the city’ and to mobilise that vision into our various
In addition, the role is designed to increase efficiency in the life of the church by organising, developing and
initiating current and / or new systems to bring order to the ongoing work of Life Church.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Lead Pastor
Ministry Leads, Safeguarding, Servers
- Ministry Leadership - Spiritual direction over our various ministries and teams - such as prayer, worship, Soul
Food, hospitality - to cultivate and develop them for the purposes of supporting and aligning them with our
- Logistics and Operations – To have oversight of Life Church’s broad operations. Ensure the
effective and efficient operations of the church, including logistics, facilities, resources, people and
- Office Admin – Ensure the effective and efficient operation of the church office, including
logistics, facilities, resources, IT, administration and projects.
- Safeguarding – As Life Church’s
Safeguarding Deputy you will ensure safeguarding compliance and promote a safeguarding culture at our
gatherings, courses, events and Soul Food. Handle case work and other safeguarding issues with the relevant
- Communications - create and initiate church communications in collaboration with the Lead
- Building operations - help to maintain the practicalities surrounding the building and ensure
compliance of our various activities i.e. first aid, fire safety.
- Building expansion - join the current
‘building discernment team’ taking on a key role in facilitating momentum with our building expansion;
organising and liaising with architects, funding lead, QS and so on.
As the role is both spiritual and operational and the work is heavily connected to the pastoral role of the Lead
Pastor the character of the person is vital. It would be important that the person, in addition to being a
committed Christian, carries spiritual maturity, discretion and care for others whilst also having experience of
leading teams. Sharing in our desire to continue the work of Jesus by expressing the heart of God in the
The jobholder should:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be a good planner, meticulous and well
- To be visionary, creative and enthusiastic
- To have excellent interpersonal skills and
ability to work with and enthuse servers
- Be calm under pressure
The role ‘Operations Lead’ will bring with it relevant training and support, which will upskill the jobholder.
The jobholder should have knowledge of:
- Comfortably working with a range of software’s such as: Microsoft, Google, email platforms
The jobholder should have experience of:
- Giving spiritual and practical direction to teams
- Event and meeting coordination and planning (private
- Working in an environment that requires a high standard of planning and
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Holidays: 28 working days per annum (including public holidays)
PVG: This appointment is subject to the candidate obtaining an Enhanced Disclosure.
*The reason for the wide range in hours is so that we can be as agile as possible in the recruitment process. The
minimum time required for the key elements of the role is 15 hours p/w. The hours can be spread over the course
of a week and include evenings and weekends.
**Salary of up to 30k is dependent on experience.