Perth & Kinross Association of Voluntary Service (PKAVS) is a local charity who provide a diverse range of services that enable the organisation’s vision of a Perth & Kinross where people flourish, and their communities thrive. Every year PKAVS supports over 5,000 local people across all communities, helping them to overcome barriers and achieve their goals.
PKAVS administers the Third Sector Interface (TSI) function for Perth and Kinross on behalf of the Scottish Government; enabling, empowering, and collaborating with third sector organisations across the region to achieve a positive impact and timely responses to local challenges and priorities, providing capacity building support, strengthening partnership working, supporting the third sector volunteering needs and facilitating an effective and robust third sector contribution to strategic discussions at both local Perth and Kinross Community Planning Partnership level and national level.
The TSI team provide a free suite of support for community groups, voluntary organisations, charities, and social enterprises alike. Underpinned by an assets-based approach and a commitment to community empowerment and democratic renewal, the TSI supports individuals and communities to act on their priorities and generate new ideas for positive change to flourish.
As the Marketing and Communications Coordinator your ability to spread the word about our mission; your knowledge and experience about social media channels and your innovation in maximising our social engagement is critical to the success of our work. You’ll thrive on working closely with the TSI team coordinating and implementing all social media activities and administrating our marketing and communications projects and campaigns across all channels.
Key Objectives – the key objectives of this position are to:
• Spread the word about our TSI mission. Create demand for our services, increasing conversion and third sector engagement by utilising, identifying, and connecting our third sector organisations through our social media networks.
• Ensure all communication is relevant, compliant and compelling to our stakeholders. Take ownership for the end-to-end coordination and delivery of campaigns.
• Review analytics regularly and use the information to predict where success lies in continuously improving our engagement with the third sector in Perth & Kinross.
• Be knowledgeable and passionate about what the third sector in Perth & Kinross cares about and be able to connect their issues to our services.
Critical competencies - To be successful in this position you’ll need to be:
• An excellent ambassador of our mission, our vision, and our brand.
• A strong, positive, confident, and kind person with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to make things happen.
• Great at writing copy in our tone of voice and make both creative and strategic decisions that preserve our brand.
• Skilled in planning ahead and working proactively while being adaptable and comfortable in working reactively when required.
• Responsible for owning your role in the organisation, working both collaboratively and independently to drive forward and deliver on all projects.
• Adept at interpreting social media data and analytics and to act on findings and create continuous improvement.
• Able to demonstrate a proven track record of success in the strategic management of social media accounts.
• Competent in SMM software such as Canva, HubSpot, Adobe Suite or other relevant software.
• A good understanding about the mission of the Third Sector Interface and how it contributes to the dynamic third sector in Perth & Kinross.
Success Criteria– you’ll know you are succeeding if there is a continuous increase year-on-year in the awareness, engagement and conversion of our third sector stakeholders.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer the following:
• The opportunity to be part of the next exciting chapter in PKAVS history and to work with a highly skilled operational leadership team.
• Personal development and opportunities that will help you achieve your career aspirations.
• A working environment that is designed to make it as easy as possible for you to balance your home life and deliver effectively in your working life.
• A generous salary that values your skills, knowledge, and experience.
• Auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
• Entitlement to 6.8 weeks of annual leave (pro-rata) which increases according to your length of service.
• Enhanced sick pay scheme.
• Employee Assistance Programme that offers 24/7 advice and listening for all your support needs.
Closing Date – 31st May 2023
Please note - All applicants will be required to complete an application form from our website - Marketing and Communications Coordinator | PKAVS
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org