As a Personal Assistant (PA), your role is to enable the employer, a young disabled man and powerchair user, to be as independent as possible. This vacancy is only open to holders of a driving licence valid in the UK, unless working evening or night shift.
• Assist the employer with a wide range of social, work-related and domestic activities, including driving the employer’s Wheelchair Accessible Van (WAV).
• Assist the employer with cleaning, laundry, shopping and administrative tasks.
• Assist the employer with eating, drinking, preparing and cooking food.
• Assist the employer with dressing, showering and toileting, including use of a hoist.
• Assist the employer to be comfortable in bed overnight, repositioning him on request.
Skills & Personal Qualities
• Enthusiastic, outgoing and positive attitude.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
• Previous experience supporting a disabled person and awareness of the Social Model of Disability is essential.
• Driving licence valid in the UK is essential.
• Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is essential.
• Opportunity is open to male and female applicants of all backgrounds.
• Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of paid trial period with training.
• Staff room available for taking rest breaks or supporting employer overnight.
To apply for this position, please email your completed application form or CV to email@example.com, quoting job reference CG OH in the subject line. You can download an application form via the link below.