We wish to appoint a new Treasurer following our Treasurer stepping down after many years of service.
In outline, the role is to:
• To be part of the BLT and provide support and advice in relation to financial matters
• To manage the branch’s finances
• To oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements
• To ensure that proper accounts and records are kept and financial resources are spent and invested in line with good governance, legal and regulatory requirements
• To be instrumental in the development and implementation of financial, reserves and investment policies
• To liaise with, guide and advise our part-time Administrative Secretary on the financial aspects of her role
• To attend meetings and report on the branch’s financial position as and when required
• To prepare an annual financial statement for Samaritans Central Charity
• To ensure income and expenditure is processed in line with branch policies and procedures
• To act as a signatory on cheques (including any electronic transactions) and any applications for funds
• To oversee the payment of volunteer expenses as agreed by the BLT
• To liaise with the branch’s bankers and payroll agency as/when required.
A full role description is attached below
Please send your CV, a supporting statement and the names and contact details of two referees to our Administrative Secretary at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Referees will not be contacted unless we intend to invite you for interview.