Positive Changes (Scotland) CIC is an organisation which supports women who have touched the Scottish criminal justice system towards fulfilling their potential. We use the vehicle of chocolate making, branded as Grace Chocolates changing lives, to help the women become economically independent and grow in self-esteem and confidence. By engaging with Positive Changes the women have can engage with any of our 4 services: RISE our mentoring programme; Health & Wellbeing workshops; workplace experience and Making Positive Changes (MPC). Women choose how long they wish to engage and which programme or programmes are right for them RISE and Health & Wellbeing are delivered online while the work experience and MPC are delivered face to face. When working in our kitchen the women are involved in all aspects of the making and selling the chocolates and our customers include: individuals for gifts and treats; weddings; corporate organisations for serving and giving as gifts to their clients; restaurants and event companies to serve to diners; and other Public Sector organisations for gifts and serving to their guests.
We are a growing organisation and are looking for a person who has the flexibility, adaptability and ambition to grow as the organisation thrives.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the organisation at this time in our development. This is a role you can help shape and develop. We are a small team and you will be a pivotal part of the organisation providing support to the rest of the team, including: the women we support; customers for the chocolates; the production team; the service delivery team; and management. No two days will be the same. You will respond to the needs of the day which will vary with the seasons, and the courses and programmes we are delivering at the time. You will be responsible for the smooth, efficient and effective operation of the organisation: you will meet with team members to ensure they are supported to conduct their role to the best of their ability; ensure our systems, processes and procedures best meet the needs of the organisation; and supporting and deputising for the CEO, as required.
• Plan, implement, monitor and control processes and procedures across a range of operational functions to deliver efficient and effective service while managing operational, financial and reputational risk.
• Demonstrate positive people leadership while developing and supporting staff. Agreeing and reviewing staff members targets and objectives so everybody can be the best version of
themselves. Reinforcing our positive team culture and working environment that makes this a great place to work.
• Ensure operational activities are consistent across the organisation while remaining on time and within budget
You will have:
• A passion to make a difference in the world and empathy for the aims and values of the organisation
• Experience of operational planning which may include but not limited to staffing, equipment and training
• Operational experience ideally gained in an organisation with a social purpose.
• The ability to priorities and change priorities to meet the needs of the organisation
• A desire to be proactive as well as the ability to be responsive when required
• A team spirit and can do attitude
• A willingness to adapt to our positive learning work ethos – every mistake is an opportunity for learning
• A skilled communicator who can deal sensitively and appropriately with difficult situations
• A proven track record of motivating staff in a leadership role
If you are interested in this role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your experience for the role and why you believe you are best suited to be appointed to this position. Please also state your availability, any existing notice period and preferred hours and days of working. Send you email to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday, 29th May 2023
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community regardless of age, race, religion, sexual orientation as we are an Equal Opportunities employer. We particularly welcome applications from those with lived experience of the justice system.
Successful written applications will be invited to interview after which the successful candidate will be advised and a placement offered.