ENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning
disabilities across Scotland.
ENABLE Works are the leading Scottish organisation delivering high quality employability services for people who have
disabilities, and other complex barriers to employment.
We are looking for an Employment Coordinator to work on the Fair Start Scotland, national employability programme,
supporting a range of participants in their journey towards, and into, employment. This service aims to support
all unemployed residents of Scotland, who face barriers to employment.
You will work closely with a large group of clients each year, profiling their skills and jointly planning activity
that will enable them to achieve their work goals, upskill through training and support, and achieve
progressions into employment, before continuing to support those individuals for up to a year in work.
You will have significant working knowledge of the local area and key employability stakeholders and sectors, as well
as having a strong understanding of the local labour market and employer requirements.
You will be responsible for developing positive relationships with the programme participants, their circles of
support and professional support services. You will work closely with local partners, including employers,
funders and other stakeholders, developing professional relationships that will offer a diverse range of
experiences and opportunities.
You will be given a work plan to achieve in order that programme participants are receiving a quality service and we
are achieving the expectations of funders and stakeholders, and you will be required to meet challenging, but
achievable, programme KDIs.
You will be an important member of the wider ENABLE Works team, supporting departmental objectives through delivery
of support but also through positive collaboration and innovation within your team to support our strategic,
A full UK drivers licence and access to a car for work purposes is essential for this role.
Providing high quality support:
- Regular and accurate profiling of skills and recording of participant activity
- Active case management to
ensure person-centred success
- Delivering support with fidelity to the individual project
- Delivery of structured training to individuals and groups of participants
positive relationships with participants and their circles of support to ensure inclusive
- Managing professional relationships with stakeholders and employers to create opportunities for
Delivering projects to plan:
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date records ready for audit
- Recording and gathering project information in
line with project timescales and work plan
- Handling and storing project information in line with ENABLE
Scotland’s data protection policy
- Reporting accurately on project activity when requested and in line
with project timescales
- Meeting performance expectations:
- Active case management to ensure
participants are achieving success
- Meeting and exceeding individual project
- Innovating and collaborating across your team to support wider ENABLE Works
Contribution to strategy:
- Sharing best practice and opportunities with ENABLE Works colleagues
- Positive and flexible response to
changes in work plans
- Collaborative approach to team and departmental delivery
- Managing your
time/caseload efficiently in order to respond to additional duties as required
- Supporting the training
and marking of accredited staff training
- Representing ENABLE Works and ENABLE Scotland with an
understanding of departmental and organisational strategies
- Essential Criteria
- Full Clean Driving Licence and access to a vehicle for business purposes
commitment to support participants in their journey towards tailored, sustainable
- Understanding of employability services and methodologies
- Knowledge of the local area
and it’s community assets
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Ability to profile
skills and aspirations of individuals
- Ability to innovate and plan so all clients can achieve their
- Ability to partner and negotiate with stakeholders
- Professional presentation and
- Self-management skills and the ability to meet duties effectively
- Experience of achieving success through innovation
- Experience of working in a
- Experience of delivering learning
- Experience of meeting/exceeding
- PDA in Supported Employment
- Knowledge of skills and employment services
- Knowledge of Supported
- An understanding of ESF compliance requirements
- Understanding of relevant
policy and legislation
- Experience of working with people who have multiple and/or complex
At ENABLE Scotland we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together
with in-house career development opportunities.
We also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:
- Health cash plans providing a wide range of health benefits to help people cover the cost of their everyday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme*
- Season Ticket
Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning
charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based
entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
*Terms and Conditions Apply