We are recruiting for a Service Manager to lead the team at our At Home programme based at Branston Court.
Right There is a charity working to prevent people becoming homeless and separated from their loved ones.
We’re here for children and adults who are living with the effects of poverty, addiction or broken relationships. Walking alongside people at home and in the community, we provide tailored support and form trusting relationships to help people feel happier, safer and more confident to live their lives.
Rooted in communities across Scotland for almost 200 years, we’re there for people going through tough times. Our work won’t stop until everyone has an equal chance to create a safe and supportive place to call home.
Our Branston Court programme provides 24-hour support and accommodation to young people living in Glasgow. We offer a safe environment for 22 young people, many of whom have experienced significant tough times in their lives. It is also home to our East Dunbartonshire Reach Out team which allows us to support people that are ready to transition into their own tenancy.
The Service Manager will lead a team of Support Workers to provide a high-quality support service for people experiencing a period of homelessness and for those transitioning to from temporary to permanent, or other suitable long-term accommodation.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Providing leadership and acting as a role model for Right There staff and the people we support.
• Developing positive, respectful and compassionate relationships with those that we support, focusing on their strengths and aspirations as individuals.
• Developing positive and supportive relationships with your staff team.
• Developing strong partnerships with external agencies.
• Having a high standard of professional integrity with colleagues and other professionals.
• Establishing clear professional boundaries with the people we support.
• Providing support and leadership to Senior Support Workers and Support Workers.
• Ensuring person centred planning and unconditional positive regard is undertaken by all staff.
• Taking a Psychologically Informed Environment (PIE) approach to service delivery.
• Ensuring the people we support are provided with a high standard of support.
• Investigating and resolving any complaints by those we support.
• Ensuring those we support are involved in the development and improvement of the service.
• Arranging and facilitating regular support and supervision sessions with your team members, utilising best practice in performance management to ensure staff are supported to undertake their roles.
Full details can be found in the Job & Person Specification on our website.
What we expect from you
Our values make us who we are and define our actions and behaviours every day. We’d expect the post-holder to uphold and represent our organisation in a way that reflects our values and person-centred way of working.
Salary: SCP 29-32 (£30,386-£33,285 per annum)
What you can expect from us
We value our staff as our greatest asset and will provide the following working conditions:
• The post holder will report to the Operations and Business Manager
• Your normal working hours are 39 per week. These hours are usually worked Monday to Friday, and flexibly between the hours of 8.00am to 6.00pm, with core hours over the period from 10am to 4pm, with one-hour unpaid break. Variations to these hours must be agreed with your line manager.
• Your usual place of work will be Branston Court, 95 Panmure Street, Glasgow, G20 7SJ. Alternatively, you may also choose to work remotely from your home address where appropriate.
• Working arrangements must be agreed with your line manager, based on the needs of the service.
• Annual leave entitlement of 234 hours holiday (equivalent to 6 weeks) pro rata per year in the first year rising to 312 hours (equivalent to 8 weeks) pro rata per year in the second.
• Option to purchase and sell annual leave
• Life Insurance from day one
• Cycle to work scheme
• Wellness programmes
• Ongoing learning and development
Interested in Applying?
Visit our website where you will find the full Job & Person specification and details of how to apply.