Hour of Work: 37.5 per week (Various shifts available. 3 days per week, 12.5 hr shifts, including waking nights and weekends or permanent nightshift – please stat in the “match to job requirements” section if you are applying for nightshift)
An inflation related pay offer has been agreed and with effect from 01 April 2023 the salary scale for this post will be £22,475 to £23,593 (Dependent on skills and experience)
Are you passionate about helping people to live a better life? Do you want to work for a charity where your health and wellbeing matter just as much as the people you support? Do you want to be part of a trauma-informed team where you will be supported to develop creative and flexible ways of working?
You don’t need to have previous experience or qualifications in this field. If you share our values, this could be the role for you!
At LinkLiving, our values and people are at the heart of everything we do including how we recruit our staff. It is important for us to find people who share our values, which are:
LinkLiving is a Scottish health and wellbeing charity that supports people to manage or overcome the effects of negative life experiences (including trauma, mental health challenges, poverty and inequality) so that they can build on their strengths and aspirations in order to live their best possible lives. We support people through a range of models including:
• Personal development and employability programmes
• Self-help coaching
• Supported accommodation
• Care at home
• Housing support
• Social cafes
Steps To Success in Grangemouth provides residential accommodation and support for care-experienced young people aged 16-25 to help them to gain the skills needed to live independently before moving on to a permanent tenancy elsewhere. The service is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your main role will be to support care experienced young people to create a home, offering practical, emotional and social support to assist them to develop the skills necessary for successful independent living. You will need to be able to develop warm and effective relationships with service users, supporting them to cope with their lives in a positive and planned way so that they feel valued and supported and in control of their own lives.
You will ideally have some experience of multi-agency working, housing support/care at home systems and knowledge of the challenges faced by care experienced young people. You will participate in a rota which includes waking night shifts and weekends but has plenty of time off in between shifts to ensure a healthy work/life balance.
For a comprehensive list of the essential and desirable criteria required for this post, please refer to the Job Specification in the Job information Pack above.
What’s in it for you?
The benefits of being a LinkLiving employee (subject to the policies and benefit terms and conditions) include:
• Competitive salary, reviewed annually, and opportunity for annual performance related salary increases and discretionary non-consolidated pay awards, subject to terms of the scheme
• 35 days’ holiday per year (inclusive of public holidays) pro rata plus additional 3 days pro rata after 3 years’ service, with an opportunity to buy and sell holiday
• temporary enhanced business travel mileage allowance to support employees with increased fuel costs
• access to paid SVQ qualifications and a wide range of learning and development opportunities and funded Disclosure Scotland and Scottish Social Services Council memberships
• defined contribution pension scheme with generous employer contributions plus salary exchange and additional voluntary contribution options
• life assurance scheme providing death in service benefits to named beneficiaries
• healthcare cash plan for employees (and dependents) to support health and wellbeing plus discounts on shopping, restaurants, and other services
• employee assistance programme for employees and their immediate household dependants to support health, mental and financial well-being
• discounted travel schemes including cycle to work scheme, monthly bus pass scheme and travel ticket loan and much more!
Successful applicants will be required to register with SSSC within 6 months of their start date.
This post is subject to Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme registration. Link will meet the cost of any new PVG scheme membership or scheme record update.
Interested? If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange for someone from the service to call you for an informal chat.
To find out more about what LinkLiving do and to view the generous pay and benefits package, please visit our website at linkliving.org.uk
If you are considering a career in social care but aren’t sure what it involves or whether it’s right for you, you can enrol in a free, online 6 week part-time tutor-supported ‘Introduction to a Career in Social Care’ course. The course provides an introduction to the area of social care and can be a stepping-stone to employment or further training.
Applications will be evaluated as they are received, with candidates meeting the specifications being invited for interview
How to Apply
To complete an application form, please click on the “Apply Now” button below. Instructions on how to complete the form are at the top of the page.
We can offer suitable alternative methods to apply if requested including although not exclusively; hard copy, Braille and audio. You can request these by emailing our Resourcing Team at email@example.com and detailing which format you would require.
Please note should an internal applicant be successful in applying for this position on either a seconded or permanent basis, they will move to the terms and conditions associated with the role for the duration of the time they are in post. The terms and conditions are outlined in the job information pack.
LinkLiving is an equal opportunities organisation, and we welcome applications from all sectors of the community. Our offices are fully accessible to wheelchair users and, as a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.