LifeCare Edinburgh is a registered charity (SC012641) with a proud history of supporting local older people for over
80 years. Our vision is a city where no older person is alone or isolated, where they can thrive, and are active
members of their communities. Our mission is to ensure that every older person receives the best possible care,
companionship, and advice they need to live well and independently in their own homes for longer.
Through our relationship-based approach we support local older people (50+) who are living with dementia, in
isolation, with reduced mobilities, mental health concerns and those managing on low-incomes. We also provide
dedicated support for unpaid carers and run a busy community hub which provides significant social value.
LifeCare operates with a team of over 70 staff supporting over 1,000 local older people a year. All our care costs
are subsidised through our fundraising efforts. We are working hard to deliver as much free care as we can for
those that need it including free meals on wheels, free social activity groups, free mobile hairdressing for
those living with dementia and our community café currently operates as a welcoming warm space offering free hot
food and activities for those struggling with the rising cost of living.
This is an exciting new role designed to help LifeCare grow its profile positively and professionally across all
stakeholder groups. LifeCare’s communications help the charity to improve the lives of older people, make an
impact and produce meaningful change. Across the last 12-months we have steadily increased our profile, but we
need a dedicated person in post to develop this great work, taking forward successfully ensuring consistency of
branding and voice.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will take the lead across all our online and offline promotional
channels to promote our charity and our impact, raising awareness of LifeCare overall, promoting our services to
maximise client numbers and income, and the beneficial impact of funds raised. The role will work across
departments to create and source content for use across multiple platforms.
- The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will work alongside the Chief Executive and Fundraising and
Communications Manager to develop an energising communications strategy designed to support the charity to
deliver on its recently revised organisational strategy.
- Oversee the implementation of this
communication strategy across online and offline platforms, within specific budgets, ensuring consistency of
brand and messaging. This includes all formal contact with clients, carers and activity providers,
communications throughout our community hub, regular newsletters for stakeholders, all online activities, events
and promotional materials as appropriate, such as posters, ads, flyers/leaflets.
- Work across departments
to create compelling and engaging content to be used across the charity’s communications. Working closely with
care service colleagues to create an effective system to share positive stories and experiences to help generate
positive client stories to showcase the charity’s great work. We are interested in developing our use of
effective story-telling using videos and images to drive results and impact through our socials.
alongside colleagues to deliver a series of local community events designed to increase the profile of the
charity’s activities and support the organisation’s fundraising targets.
- Manage and monitor
effectiveness of campaigns, appeals, and social communication platforms to make an impact and continually
improve our effectiveness.
- Support the Chief Executive and Fundraising and Communications Manager to
develop and improve the organisations internal communications; ensuring all staff are involved, informed and
proud to work for the charity.
- Work with the Fundraising Coordinator to develop and update fundraising
materials and resources including website, socials, email newsletters, printed materials and
- Measure the impact of our communications to inform future communication and fundraising
- This is a new role and will require some flexibility within the day-to-day role helping to
ensure the charity delivers on its new organisational strategy
Who we are looking for:
- We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, driven and committed to our cause. We hope to engage someone who
understands the changing needs of older people and who can demonstrate that they are passionate about making a
positive difference to an older person’s life. fun, insightful, and collaborative.
- We hope to engage
someone who is creative, results driven, collaborative and keen to share ideas.
- Effective at managing a
brand, you will possess excellent attention to detail, communication, interpersonal and relationship building
- The successful applicant will be able to effectively manage deadlines and
- Experience of working alongside fundraising activities desirable but not
- Experience of managing and delivering against budgets, reporting on KPIs, and reforecasting
- You will be flexible, able work well on your own and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with the ability to write clear and accurate communications across the full range of marketing channels.
- Can easily demonstrate a solid track record of delivering integrated marketing and communications strategies and campaigns, designed to secure organisational objectives.
- A strong understanding and good experience of using online, digital, and social media tools for engaging, mobilising, influencing, and growing key audiences.
- Design experience using programmes such as Canva or equivalent.
- Experienced at supporting fundraising activities including public appeals and generation of compelling fundraising content.
- Understanding and appreciation of the changing needs of older people
- Be results oriented with an excellent eye for detail, strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- You’ll ideally have worked in a similar role previously – this can be on agency or client-side – and have good knowledge about current best practice in marketing.
- Team player and ability to represent the organisation internally and externally.