CHAI helps and empowers people through the provision of free, confidential, high quality, impartial advice, information and representation on welfare benefits, housing, employability and money issues.
Our aim is to alleviate poverty, prevent homelessness and encourage employability.
Our vision is to ensure that no one in our communities endures hardship. We believe that everyone in our communities should have the opportunity to become the best version of themselves.
We are looking for an experienced Finance/Admin Officer who will have key responsibility for financial administration, including the management of the accounts for the Board of trustees, the finance required for various funding returns, the day-to-day financial management, as well as undertaking general admin tasks under the guidance of the CEO. This post will also provide monthly support and supervision sessions to a team of 3 admin assistants. This post is based within the Charities office in Edinburgh.
We offer the following benefits:
· Flexible working
· Access to Simply Health benefit plan
· 32 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays)
· Enrolment to NOW Pension Scheme
This post is a permanent post.
· Provide day to day support to a team of 3 admin assistants.
· Monthly bank reconciliations of the charity
· Process customer invoices/supplier payments by BACS
· Check, process and record all payments, administer invoices, process expenses claims.
· Process small grant payments
· Produce monthly management reports and cash flow statement
· Maintain proper records on the computer accounts package – Sage & Sage payroll.
· Filing of all relevant paperwork
· Dealing with correspondence and answering calls
· Taking minutes of meetings as required.
· Preparing budget’s for projects with grant and trust applications
· Assist with year-end procedures and the Charities annual audit process.
· Undertake general admin tasks under the direction of the Senior Management Team and CEO.
You are required to have experience of.
· Sage accounts
· Sage payroll
· Staff support & supervision.
· Minute taking
· Data recording systems
· Budget preparation - full cost recovery method.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
· Proficiency in working with Microsoft packages, including outlook, word and excel.
· Accuracy in reporting detailed financial information.
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
· Ability to maintain effective office systems.
· Confidence in dealing with external organisations.
· Ability to plan and prioritise own workload, manage tasks and meet deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
· A recognised qualification in financial management or equivalent
· Will be required to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme Record Disclosure
CHAI (Community Help & Advice Initiative
28 Westfield Avenue Edinburgh EH11 2QH
Tel: 0131 442 2100
Fax: 0131 443 5891
An application pack is available for download below.
Closing date: Friday 14th April 2023