The Best in You Brings Out the Best in Me
ENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning
disabilities. We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Administrator to join us in ensuring they have the same
opportunities as everyone else.
The Administration Team has a very important role to play in ensuring the smooth running of the operational
processes. They support front line management teams who are responsible for the delivery of individualised
support to the people we work for.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in having a career within administration to learn the
ropes and gain a varied background in a high functioning administration team.
This is a very busy and varied role, and, whilst not exhaustive, the below are some of the main activities you would
perform in the role:
- Customer Service, this is mostly via phone - Receiving and making calls to the people we support, their families,
social workers and other partner agencies
- We coordinate the ordering and stock of all PPE and office supplies.
- We ensure all training is completed. It’s a highly regulated environment and we need to make sure our PA's have
all the training they need to offer a safe service to the people we support.
- We process all leavers, new starts and change of contracts through internal systems.
- General office duties such as attending meetings to take minutes, scanning important documents into our electronic
filing system, dealing with mail, petty cash, expenses etc.
Full training will be provided for this role. This administrative support role will cover a variety of tasks giving
you all-round knowledge and experience of working in a busy office environment as well as working knowledge of
different systems and databases.
For more information please refer to the attached job spec.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Administrative experience, ideally gained through employment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop effective working relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail to complete tasks to a high standard
- Being self-motivated and able to work to a high standard with minimal supervision
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage changing priorities
- The ability to work as part of a team to complete daily duties and respond proactively to operational demand
- Microsoft office skills in Excel & Word
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Teams
- Minute taking experience
At ENABLE Scotland we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together
with in-house career development opportunities.
We also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:
Health cash plans providing a wide range of health benefits to help people cover the cost of their everyday health
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to Work Scheme*
Season Ticket Loans*
Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning
charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based
entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
*Terms and Conditions Apply