The University of the West of Scotland (UWS) is sector leading in breaking down barriers to students from the lowest socio economic backgrounds accessing Higher Education. Our Students' Union plays a vital role in ensuring ALL students across ALL campuses get the support they need to ensure they achieve their academic goals and have an excellent student experience.
If you are passionate about advancing the opportunities for students and supporting the development of a dynamic and passionate students' union this would be a great opportunity for you!
A key value of our students' union is promoting Equality and Diversity - Advancing equality and breaking down barriers in all that we do. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of their race, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or any other diversity. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments you may require in the recruitment process or once in the post.
Trustees are responsible, individually and collectively, for leading our work in creating a better future for UWS students and the world around us.
We are living through challenging times, and our trustees play an essential role of setting our strategic direction to ensure our Union can respond to the changing needs of students.
• Trustees ensure that the activities and resources of the Union follow our charitable purposes as detailed in our constitution
• Adhere to the Nolan Principles of good governance - selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership
• Ensure compliance with our constitution, charity law, company law, the Education (Scotland) Act and any other relevant legislation and regulations
• Contribute actively to the Trustee Board in giving strategic direction for the Union, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance
• Safeguard the good name and values of the Students' Union
• Ensure the financial stability of the organisation
• Each trustee should use any specific knowledge or experience to assist the board in reaching sound decisions
• Support and mentor new trustees
• Recruitment of CEO and senior staff
An application pack is available for download below.
If you would like to apply for the post, please complete the Application Form, Trustee Declaration and the Diversity Monitoring Form and email them to email@example.com. Please do not send a CV as it will not be considered. Closing date for applications is 10am on Tuesday 28th March 2023.