Main Purpose of Job
Winning Leishman are seeking an experienced Fundraiser to join our team. This post will involve research into grant makers, developing funding proposals and following up with reports and communications to maximise long-term income generation on behalf of Winning Leishman’s clients.
Position in Organisation
Report to the Winning Leishman Directors.
• Support the identification of trust and foundation funding opportunities through research
• Create tailored applications to a wide range of funders
• Create reports and other communications to funders
• Maintain a schedule of applications and reports
Skills & Experience
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in preparing funding applications to trusts and foundations (essential)
• Experience of working in the charity sector (essential)
• Reliable and well organised with good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent IT skills, Excel and MS Office, with a working knowledge of database systems
• Strong written skills
• A creative and lateral thinker
• Professional, courteous, respectful and confident
• Proactive and self -motivated with a positive and enthusiastic approach to teamwork
• Degree (in any subject), studying towards a degree or equivalent (essential)
Closing date: Wednesday 10th February at 12 noon
Interviews (by Zoom): Wednesday 22nd February
Start date: By arrangement
How to Apply
Send a 2-page CV and 1-page cover letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please summarise how you meet the job description and person specification and explain your motivation in applying for the post.
You should also provide names and addresses of two references. References will only be contacted for the successful candidate but will be contacted before any formal offer of employment is made.
Please note for cost saving purposes we will only contact applicants that will be invited for interview. If you have not heard from us after one week following the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.