Capital City Partnership (CCP) is an arm’s length company of the City of Edinburgh Council and is tasked with the operational development, management and support of local and regional employability and poverty reduction measures.
It takes a flexible approach to changing economic conditions, needs and opportunities but its core functions comprise.
• The management of all employability related grants and contracts awarded to external providers by the council and other key partners
• The management of assessment processes related to bids received for such grants and contracts and making recommendations for funding
• The provision of policy advice, research and development support (including secretariat functions) to the city’s Jobs Strategy Partnership and partners
• The development and maintenance of common communications and management information infrastructure for the Jobs Strategy Partnership
• Development and support of the Joined Up for Jobs network and the Joined Up for Business partnership
• Increasingly, provision of support to the Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region Deal skills programme
CCP is also a lead agency in the UK and Scottish Government’s £1.3bn Edinburgh & South-East Scotland City Region Deal (ESES CRD) under the theme of the Integrated Regional Employability and Skills (IRES) Programme – covering Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian, West Lothian, Fife and Scottish Borders.
Joined Up for Business (JUfB) is coordinated by Capital City Partnership (CCP) and is a collaborative group of public sector organisations which brings together a range of employer services under one framework, making it easier for businesses to access the support they need.
JUfB works on a "no wrong door" approach and offers a bespoke, free recruitment and training service, as well as a business growth support advice for SMEs and helps organisations to identify funding initiatives that can support across these areas. We also support contractors in meeting their employability focused community benefits targets across the city.
JUfB directly links with the city’s employability network, Joined Up for Jobs (JUfJ) to create, maximise and simplify access to high-quality employment and training opportunities for Edinburgh citizens.
This post is to provide a central point of contact and co-ordination for the city’s Employer Engagement strategy, adopting and promoting the ‘no wrong door’ approach and promoting to employers the benefits of adopting the Real Living Wage, Living Hours and inclusive practices as outlined within the Scottish Government Fair Work strategy.
The Employer Relationship Manager is a key contact for employers, employability providers and contractors in the co-ordination of daily activities and projects and has responsibility for developing and maintaining strong and effective partnership relationships to ensure that opportunities are accessible for key client groups and referral routes to vacancies are maximised.
The postholder will be required to support the city’s offer to businesses who are recruiting, growing, or developing their workforce and further maintain and enhance the delivery of a high quality, customer focused and responsive service to Edinburgh employers. Supporting contractors with community benefits forms part of this offer.
CLOSING DATE: 11pm, Sunday the 29th of January 2023.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your CV and cover letter in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
CCP actively encourages applications from people from ethnically diverse backgrounds.