An exciting role has arisen within RZSS, the Royal Zoological Society for Scotland. We are the conservation charity
that owns Edinburgh Zoo and Highland Wildlife Park and have big ambitions to save wildlife and empower people in
Scotland and around the world to protect, value and love nature.
Undertake designated specialist IT activities across multiple locations, to provide an effective IT service to
colleagues, in accordance with agreed service standards, under appropriate guidance and direction, in support of
RZSS’ vision and mission. Assist the Head of IT, and other IT staff, as needed in providing a professional
service to all employees.
This is a full time, permanent position where the working hours are 37.5 hours per week and weekend and evening
working may be required.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Acts as the primary escalation point for issues escalated from level 1 IT support across the whole Society,
demonstrating first-class customer care and service. May, very occasionally, be the only IT resource for the
Society (e.g. during sickness, holiday, work commitments elsewhere in the IT team).
- Troubleshoots and
resolves level 2 IT issues in a timely and efficient manner, updating ITSM systems as appropriate and keeping
the end user informed.
- Where necessary, escalates issues to level 3 staff and/or 3rd party suppliers as
appropriate, keeping internal colleagues and end users updated on progress. Monitors escalated tasks through to
- Undertakes 2nd line technical support of the Society’s IT hardware estate (servers, storage,
networking, IP-CCTV, desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, VoIP/PBX telephone).
- Undertakes 2nd line
technical support of the Society’s networking and communications infrastructure (Internet, WAN, LAN, VLAN, Wi-Fi
- Undertakes 2nd line technical support for both the Society’s standard IT software provision
(Windows, Mac, Office365 etc) and its line of Business specialist systems.
What we’re looking for:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent
- An awareness of current trends and issues in IT,
data protection and information compliance
- Promotes an excellent customer service ethos
to communicate technical issues, both verbally and in writing, to a varied user base
- Experience in an IT
department providing personal support to users with a range of abilities, including the provision of 1st and 2nd
- Demonstrable technical experience of Microsoft server stack technologies and
Please see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.
Please visit our dedicated careers page at: rzss.org.uk/job-opportunities to apply, submitting your CV
and cover letter. In this we ask you to outline:
- Why you would like to join RZSS?
- Include in your cover letter:
- a brief paragraph telling us more
about your 2nd line IT experience and typical duties performed in previous roles
- a brief paragraph
detailing more about your server and infrastructure experience and technologies used
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
Closing date – 03/02/23 – 5pm