Safe Space is a specialist trauma agency working with adults who have experienced childhood sexual abuse, providing
one to one counselling and a range of therapeutic groups. We are seeking a groupworker with extensive experience
of groupwork and working with the trauma of childhood sexual abuse. The post involves working within a small
team and working alongside an established groupworker and volunteer groupworkers.
The post requires some evenings and occasional weekend working.
The Group Support worker supports adults who have been sexually abused in childhood through therapeutic groupwork and
supports volunteer groupworkers to work within groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To deliver a range of therapeutic groups alongside the other groupworker at Safe Space.
- To coordinate
the volunteer groupworkers providing support and training as necessary.
- To provide Initial Assessments
for clients before groups begin.
- Contribute to training workshops as required for volunteer
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- To provide monthly stats, records
and documents in conjunction with the administrator.
- To attend group supervision once a month and any
other supervision as requested.
- To undertake any other duties as is reasonable for the post.
- A Certificate in Counselling or Groupwork, is the minimum qualification, although substantial experience in this
area will be considered.
- Substantial experience of working in the field of trauma and childhood sexual abuse.
- Experience of delivering therapeutic groups
- Experience of supporting volunteers.
Closing date: 31 January 2023
Please email your application form, attached below to firstname.lastname@example.org