Are you searching for aposition with purpose? A role to make a real difference? Where your time can be transformational? MCR Pathways is a national, award-winning mentoring programme dedicated to addressing the long-standing inequality in education outcomes, career opportunities and life chances for care experienced young people and those experiencing disadvantage. Our in-school mentoring has profound impacts on mentees in their confidence, wellbeing, achievement and post-school progression. MCR Mentors are volunteers who make and experience a life changing difference.
We are looking for two outstanding Partnership & Mentor Recruitment Managers based in the North (ideally Inverness) and East of Scotland (ideally Edinburgh). The roles will focus on forming pioneering partnerships with key public and private sector organisations to drive mentor recruitment and also help create other opportunities for MCR young people. You will help lead and represent the regional mentor recruitment teams, input to schools’ teams and ensure we have as many mentors local to each school as our young people need.
You’ll establish a deeply personal service that inspires every volunteer and individual to feel a hugely valued part of the MCR family and cause. This is exceptional relationship building and inspirational championing of the MCR cause in practice. You will be a motivated, committed, enthusiastic and resilient person with a strong and practical belief in addressing inequality. You will be the mentor champion for each of the young people, schools, ambassadors, mentors, their employers and the local communities we serve.
- As a passionate MCR ambassador, develop and maintain strong and lasting partnerships with Local Authorities, businesses and schools to drive and sustain mentor recruitment.
- Manage organisational recruitment campaigns & lead on ensuring continuous engagement of prospective mentors (from the individual to their organisation) strategically & practically at each stage, with the highest service quality & response rates.
- Organise, participate in, and actively support, all forms of mentor recruitment, mentor and volunteer engagement, events, communities & marketing.
- Support all aspects of the recruitment channels to ensure individual mentors are fully and emotionally engaged throughout and an efficient pipeline flow through to effective mentor matches that meets the expectations of all participants.
- Work with our Programme Managers to deliver a tailored local approach for organisation and community engagement, and identify opportunities for mentor recruitment and support for other parts of the MCR model.
To find out more and apply please visit our website
Closing date: 31January at 5pm