Capital City Partnership (CCP) is an arm’s length company of The City of Edinburgh Council and is tasked with the operational development, management and support of local and regional employability and poverty reduction measures. It takes a flexible approach to changing economic conditions, needs and opportunities but its core functions comprise.
• The management of all employability related grants and contracts awarded to external providers by the council and other key partners
• The management of assessment processes related to bids received for such grants and contracts and making recommendations for funding
• The provision of policy advice, research, and development support (including secretariat functions) to the city’s Jobs Strategy Partnership and partners
• The development and maintenance of common communications and management information infrastructure for the Jobs Strategy Partnership
• Development and support of the Joined Up for Jobs network and the Joined Up for Business partnership
• Provision of support to the Edinburgh and South-East Scotland City Region Deal Integrated Regional Employability and Skills programme.
The UK Shared Prosperity Fund (UKSPF) Grants Manager is a new position requiring a wide-ranging skillset to meet the contract management and partnership relationships remit we require to deliver a Programme Management Office for Edinburgh delivery of the UK Shared Prosperity Fund and Levelling Up Agenda. The programme will cover three main themes: Communities and Places; Local Business Support; and People and Skills. It will also connect to the nationwide Multiply programme.
The Grants Manager will report to UK government, City of Edinburgh Council and the Capital City Partnership Board regarding the performance and delivery of the programme of funding. They will also work with colleagues in Capital City Partnership, City of Edinburgh Council and the wider Job Strategy Partnership to ensure alignment and integration with other poverty alleviation, employment and community cohesion programmes.
We require a manager to oversee the over £9 million programme of delivery under UKSPF. The role will involve close working with the public, private and voluntary sector grant recipients. The successful candidate will be expected to provide monitoring, audit and tracking of all contracts and grants, identify opportunities for partnership working, and facilitate networking.
Other significant duties include supporting the development, design, and commissioning of service; developing service standards for delivery; co-ordinating a quarterly UKSPF Forum to support the programme; publicising the projects involved in the programme; working alongside the management information system and portals team for client tracking; and ensuring best value from spend in this area.
The post holder will join a small team of grant managers and officers and will line manage a grant officer and part time finance officer. The successful candidate will also liaise with our employer engagement team and our Edinburgh and South-East Scotland City Deal teams to promote synergies across the funding landscape.
CLOSING DATE: Noon, Friday 2nd December
CCP actively encourages applications from people from ethnically diverse backgrounds.
Please send your CV and cover letter in one document to email@example.com, along with our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.