Engender, Scotland’s feminist policy and advocacy organisation is seeking to recruit a suitably experienced Communications and Engagement Manager to lead on the organisation’s communication and engagement work.
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring Engender’s work is effectively communicated in innovative and accessible ways to our key audiences – diverse communities of women, women’s and equalities organisations, the media, government and wider civil society.
You will work to actively engage our key audiences, particularly diverse groups of women, in Engender’s work to advance intersectional gender equality, women’s rights and feminist policy making.
• Line management of Comms team members
• Managing the communications and engagement budget
• Extending and maintaining effective communications between Engender and other women’s and equalities organisations, through interaction, shared campaigns and social media
• Thinking and working intersectionally: ensuring that the impact that intersecting systems of inequality have on the lived experiences of women in Scotland and on gender inequality are understood, and reflected Engender’s comms work
• Working collaboratively with colleagues to maximise the quality and impact of our work and enrich our organisational culture
• Participating in organisational planning and strategy development
• Excellent written communication skills and experience of producing content for a variety of audiences
• Commitment to accessibility in communications and engagement
• Experience of managing digital communications, including websites and social media, and how to utilise their potential
• Understanding how to engage and work with the press
• Ability to communicate and network effectively with a range of organisations
• Organised, able to prioritise and work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a team.
• Experience in small scale events management and competence in facilitation
• A strong commitment to equality and human rights
• Understanding of the political landscape and policy environment in Scotland
• Understanding of the policy environment in Scotland as it relates to gender equality and women’s rights
• Publishing experience including copy editing and proofreading
• Experience of using canva and other design software
• Experience of developing participatory activities and approaches. (For example: Open Space, discussion events, surveys, workshops, or other engagement exercises.)
• Experience of building relationships with key media partners
• Crisis communications skills
Responsible to: The Executive Director
Download this job description and person specification as a pdf here.
If you have any questions, please get in touch via email@example.com.
Read the application guidance here.
Apply at engender.org.uk/jobs.
Closing date: 9am Monday 9th January
Anticipated dates for interview: Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th January