Who are we?
Early Years Scotland is Scotland’s leading national Third Sector specialist organisation that supports our youngest children from birth to 5 years of age. Our fully qualified early years staff work directly with children and their families to deliver our unique Stay Play and Learn sessions in a variety of settings including nurseries, community halls, schools and prisons. We work increasingly in prisons, and areas where there are children and families who have the greatest need and will benefit most from our services. We have been established for over 50 years, and we are very proud of our long and ever-growing track record in supporting Scotland’s youngest children to have the very best start in life.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Finance Administrator to join our busy Finance Team based at the Early Years Scotland Main Office in Glasgow. You will be a first-class communicator who is confident working independently while being comfortable, eager and willing in a team context.
What skills does the post require?
You will be a highly numerate person with an eye for detail who is comfortable and experienced in book-keeping and financial recording procedures.
Main duties will include:
• Providing effective financial transactional processing
• Processing all income and expenditure through Sage Accounts
• Supporting the creation and monitoring of budget and management accounts in conjunction with the Finance Manager
• Bank reconciliation
• Working as an integral member of the Finance Team
• Supporting payroll and pension administration for staff
You will bring:
• Competent bookkeeping knowledge, experience and expertise
• Experience using Sage 50 Accounts, or similar, and accessing helpline support
• An understanding and reasonable experience of payroll processes
• Experience using internet banking
• Experience of bank reconciliation procedures
• A commitment to the highest standards of reliability, honesty and confidentiality
Although there is no requirement for a specific qualification, any relevant, recognised qualifications will be valued.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 30 November 2022 at 5pm
We will be offering flexible interviews for this post.
Application Packs and full post information can be found at the Early Years Scotland website earlyyearsscotland.org/about-us/job-vacancies . Please do not send CVs as only completed EYS application forms will be considered.
For more information or queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org