Methilhill Community Children’s Initiative (MCCI) is a registered charity dedicated to providing outdoor clubs,
activities and experiences to our local children, young people and their families.
We are looking for a skilled and creative Early Years Manager who can inspire and lead their team to deliver
outstanding early years education and care.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join a brand-new team at the setting. We are looking for someone who is
motivated and dedicated to build good relationships with both parents and their children but also create a home
from home feel for all who attend the nursery. We want to make a mark in the local community and help the MCCI
team become well established within it.
Early Years Manager will:
- Inspire and lead your team to deliver high quality early years education and care
- Manage the day to day
operation of the setting, ensuring all regulatory requirements and policies and procedures are adhered
- Build relationships with parents and the wider community
- Manage the financial
sustainability of the setting
- Remain abreast of current developments in childcare and education policies
and practices. Monitor and assess the quality of provision ensuring that policies and procedures, best practice
and standards are maintained.
- Operate the highest standards of hygiene in the outdoor
- Facilitate Care Inspectorate inspections and to implement any recommendations.
with the recruitment process, identify training needs, develop a training plan and evaluate training undertaken
- Lead the preparation and delivery of planning meetings and parents meetings and other
- Be responsible for the management of day-to-day financial operations within the nursery by
meeting financial targets and managing the occupancy ensuring maximum capacity.
- Manage a staff team
effectively. Agree and set nursery goals and monitor the achievement of progress against targets.
that all staff are aware of their areas of responsibility and to be able to clearly demonstrate an awareness of
own areas of responsibility and how these are being met.
- Undertake appropriate responsibilities with
other staff when working in the services i.e. paper work, planning, SSSC registration, CPD.
Nursery Development Plan, learning journals and paperwork are kept up to date and all staff are aware of their
roles and responsibilities through regular staff meetings.
- Participate in training, team meetings, keep
paperwork up to date e.g. children’s files, work plans, CPD etc. (along with other staff).
- Take part in
regular meetings with the Corporate manager, informing of nursery developments, implementation of standards,
policies and procedures, areas of concern, and planned timetable of work. To ensure that the nursery is fully
resourced with essential items to allow for full implementation of Health & Safety legislation.
within the margins of confidentially respecting information pertaining to children, parents and
- Plan and provide refreshments for the children but also be aware of any special dietary
- Undertake any other reasonable duties appropriate to the post and in line with the needs
of the Outdoor Nursery.
Successful applicants will need:
- A minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent
post-qualification experience in working in early education and childcare
- Sound IT skills and ability to
use Microsoft Office programmes, nursery management software, social media platforms and online portals
- The ability to multi-task and establish rapport with staff, families and external
What we offer:
MCCI prides itself on being a supportive workplace and offers significant benefits for our team members
- Excellent training opportunities
- 50% discount on childcare places
- A workplace pension scheme
- 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement
To apply, please download the application form below.
Completed applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (we will acknowledge all applications received before the
stated closing date and time).
By post to: Recruitment – confidential, Methilhill Community Learning Garden, Sea Road, Methilhill, KY8 2GW