We’re looking for people who will bring different skills and experiences to our Board.
What do our Trustees do?
Our Board of Trustees are volunteers, who collectively govern the work of the charity. This involves:
- Preparing for and taking part in Board Meetings. At these meetings, you will help shape the charity’s strategy,
oversee and guide the work of the Service Manager, examine financial and operational reports and make collective
decisions about the charity’s budget, policies and procedures.
- Taking part in training about different
aspects of governing a charity. This helps make sure you understand your responsibilities in law and in turn
that our charity complies with everything we need to.
What skills and experience do you need?
Ideally, we are looking for people with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial planning and management.
- HR and people management.
- Local knowledge of the Third Sector in either Falkirk, Stirling
You will also need to be eligible under charity law to become a charity trustee. You can find out about this from the
Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR).
What kind of commitment is involved?
- Our Trustees are appointed for a three-year term. This can then be renewed for a second term of three years. Trustees are appointed and re-appointed each year at our Annual General Meeting.
- Meetings take place every month, with the exception of July and December. These meetings will be mainly online, but some will take place in person at our offices in Cowie. There will however always be an option to join remotely. There is also a commitment to being available for consultation and keeping in touch by e-mail in-between meetings, as required.
Please send your curriculum vitae and a short personal statement. In your statement, please tell us –
Why you are interested in joining our Board
- Please tell us about your interest in our service and how this has come about.
What you would bring to the Board
- Please tell us which skills and experiences you have that match what we’re looking for and tell us about how you
- You can use examples from paid work, voluntary or community work, family life or anything
Please send the above documents by e-mail to Kathleen Frew, Service Manager at the following e-mail address –
The closing date for notes of interest is 30th November.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Trustee of Family Mediation Central Scotland. We look forward to hearing