As a Personal Assistant (PA), your role is to enable the employer, a disabled man and wheelchair-user who has muscular dystrophy, to pursue his interests, career ambitions and be as independent as possible.
Opportunity only open to holders of a driving licence valid in the UK.
• Assist the employer with a range of social, work-related and domestic activities (and enable him to pursue his interests, career ambitions and be as independent as possible).
• Assist the employer out and about, including driving the employer’s adapted van.
• Assist the employer with tidying, laundry, shopping and other household tasks.
• Assist the employer with eating, drinking, preparing and cooking food.
• Assist the employer with dressing and personal care, including use of a ceiling-track hoist.
• Assist the employer to be comfortable in bed overnight, repositioning him if requested.
Skills & Personal Qualities
• Enthusiastic, outgoing and positive attitude.
• Excellent communication, social and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
• Previous experience supporting a disabled person is desirable, but not essential.
• Driving licence valid in the UK is essential.
• Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is essential.
• Opportunity is open to male and female applicants.
• Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of two paid trial shifts.
• Staff room available for taking rest breaks and supporting employer overnight.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, email your completed application form or CV to email@example.com, quoting job reference CG OH in the subject line. Download an application form via the link below