Central Advocacy Partners, founded in 1996, provides independent advocacy support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities/difficulties, and or autism living in Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannanshire. Our experienced team enable people to be heard and understood and ensure that they understand information and can make informed decisions and engage positively with local services.
We have an opportunity for an Advocacy Worker to join our team working in our Survivors project based in the Forth Valley. Only women need apply under Schedule 9 (part1) of the Equality Act 2010.
Job Description– committed to the principals of equality and human rights, you will be supported by an experienced and progressive professional team. You will work with women with learning disabilities who are or have experienced domestic abuse.
We deliver a relationship-based model of Advocacy 1 to 1/groups.
Duties and Skills will include.
• To Support Partners to understand the nature of gender-based violence (GBV) and domestic abuse.
• To support partners to understand risk and safety options and maximise their safety and protection.
• Contribute positively and creatively to team working
• Strong and clear communication skills
• Motivated and work effectively unsupervised
• Inquisitive with the ability to find solutions for problems
• competent IT Skills
• Report writing
To apply, please read the guidance notes and complete the application form sending it to email@example.com
Interviews will be beginning of November.